Old Times Sake Part 2

Anne's POV

We were running across the field, not a care in the world. It was like we were flying on air. We were little kids again, just for a short while. We didn't care about our dresses, we didn't care about the worries on hand. We were flying, and it wouldn't last long, so we may as well enjoyed it. 

Our legs finally gave in, and we all flopped onto the ground, laughing at our child-like behaviour. Oh how it felt so good to be laughing again with my dear friends, and we had such a good time at it. We lay there for a few more minutes until we all regained our strength back. We started to walk slowly back to where we came from, chatting about our own recent events. I found out Ruby and Jane are planning to go back to Queens next year and then try and apply for posts after that, and Diana is training to become a lady. She didn't give anymore details than that, which was suspicious, however I didn't push her since I knew that if she wanted to tell us something she would have. So I told them Gilbert Not the gave up the post for me (of course they had heard through Rachel Lynde) and about our talks and rambles (well the three that we had). They all squealed in excitement after I finished talking.

"Why are you all squealing in excitement? Did I miss something?" I asked obviously. Surely there is something I missed, they couldn't be laughing at something I said. I tend to get lost in my own thoughts, so I must have missed something.

"Anne, you do realize Gilbert likes you right." Ruby said in an excited time and they all squealed again. Gilbert Blythe liking me? Never! I am way to homely for him, he couldn't possibly like me. Plus we only just became friends. Plus I already told Diana this, why is she squealing? And why is Ruby saying the same thing as Diana? It's like all three of them rehearsed this just waiting for the right time to present it.

"HE DOES NOT!" I replied in a matter of factly tone. Okay, maybe it came out a little rough.

"And Anne do you want to know what we think? Secretly you love him too!" Jane squealed and they all started laughing again. I think they rehearsed this for too long now, even Diana said it to me when we were together alone! And I do not like Gilbert Blythe! How could I? I barely just got to know him, we were mortal enemies before. I'll just ignore what my friends said, because it is simply not true!

"Well it's not true my dear Jane, and please don't divert all the attention to me, I want to hear about all of your past weeks."

So Ruby went after me, and she told about how she and this boy named Roy, Royal? I don't remember the name. Anyways she met his family up at Kingsport and they are a very wealthy family. She was telling us how handsome he is, and was telling us how he looked like our ideals. Diana and I squealed at this (yes I know there is a lot of squealing going on but what can I say, we were girls after all and we were having fun). However, apparently he was a bit of a bore so we didn't get as excited as before about him. But just think, she found someone who was just in my dreams before. I hope I meet someone like him someday...

Then Jane started to tell us her story. She told us about her family going to Nova Scotia for a few weeks after the graduation. She also told us about Billy getting the upper farm soon. When she talked about Billy, I felt weird as I know he likes me and wants to court me, yet I don't know him that well. When she finished with her story, I suddenly came up with a marvellous idea.

"Girls I have an idea. How about we relive the past and reenact The Lily Maid?"

"Anne, for goodness sake you nearly drowned back then, you wouldn't have been saved unless Gilbert was there!" Ruby shouted in a terrified voice.

"Okay you are right. I have a better idea, how about we do one of our old, favourite pastimes and how about we have a Story club, one last time."

"Yes Anne that's a great idea!" Said Diana excitedly and all the other girls agreed. So we ran across the hills and into the forest, to find the old shed next to the oak tree we used to have our Story club meetings in.