|71|~Then and Now~

Unedited.
Claire POV.

"Oh, My God!"

My soft heart rate skyrockets, triple fold over. The dress is a dress. The most enchanting piece of fabric that, I've ever seen in my entire life. Maybe, that's not a big deal with my upbringing, and all.

However, to say the dress is the most beautiful piece of clothing I've ever seen is most certainly an understatement. The seamstress has outdone herself. That's for sure. Nicklaus has outdone himself.

It is pure gold, strapless, mermaid style tulle to floor-length, with tiny embroidered crystals gown, sewed to perfection, and meant to draw in attention from every angle. It is inviting, and daring, just like the vampires like it.

Most certainly, fit for a queen. Mind-blowing magnificent for sure, this dress was made for royalty. Through the delicate but extremely elegant fabric, I'm almost certain that my skin shall glow and show. Another big must-have for the vampire community.

The gown feels like liquid gold, as it is placed onto my skin, melting to my body in a united front, syncing onto my frame in perfect harmony. I'm grateful. No that would be another understatement. I am beyond blessed.

I feel like this dress was made for me, or more like made for me to stand alongside of him inside of it. How did I get so lucky?

As per usual, Jadis's magical hands go to work, styling my hair in a very elegant deep wave pin-up. Then, she does wonders painting a masterpiece onto my face, making me feel more beautiful than usual. She really does have a gift. She's perfected the craft of making another appear to be dangerously desirable. 

As I study myself in the mirror I feel irresistible, like I can make anyone do whatever I want after they take one look at me. That's a bad combination when you add in the intensifying amount of raw power, flowing through my veins. Only one word can describe the feeling, invincible.

"Thank you again, Jadis," I can't thank her enough. "You really outdid yourself."

"Nonsense, Cherry pop," replies Jadis, while finishing up some last-minute touches onto my hair.

"Ouch," There are more than enough bobby-pins to poke my brains out.

"Beauty is pain, Claire," Jadis tells me while pulling away from me, assessing me from head to toe.

"Yeah a pain in the ass," I complain while taking in my appearance one last time. Wow! Jadis truly has outdone herself. Breathtakingly beautiful, the pain was worth it. I'll never admit that. Not that I have to, the mischievous smile that's tugging on Jadis's lips tells it all. She already knows.

Jadis must finally be satisfied with her masterpiece because she makes her way over to the table, and then takes a huge gulp of her coffee. I study myself for a while longer. I'm not conceited or anything. I'm just really impressed.

"I really didn't add anything but some liner, a red lip, and blush, "Jadis suddenly says. 

My face is flawless, even more, flawless than a vampire face should be. My green eyes appear to be brilliant. My red lips are more plumped. My lashes are fuller, thicker, and longer. T

hose key points scream mascara, foundation, and concealer. I don't know much about make-up but I do know that. I turn to give her a wary look.  

"Seriously, Claire," she continues, while placing her mug down. This girl seriously loves some coffee. 

"I really didn't add that much. In all honesty, your makeup is extremely subtle. You didn't need it."

My ears pick up on Jade's heart rate. It's beating slow and steady. I don't know how to determine if she is lying or not.