Diecisiete.

Jimin stood behind the coach the whole game. It's not like Chanyeol noticed him either way. He was too busy playing to even acknowledge Jimin on the sidelines.

That's when he realized that Chanyeol and him could never be. He was the popular, good looking, star football player while Jimin was the awkward kid who was always on the bench.

Two completely different worlds that couldn't ever collide.

"Yes! Hell yes!" The coach screamed.

"We're winning, right?" Jimin asked confused. He didn't understand football. And he found it humorous that he wanted to be a quarterback without even knowing how the game works.

"Yes, Park! We're winning! If we win this it'll give us extra points for the final games. We just have to beat them again and we won't have to go against them anymore!"

"Oh," Jimin said confused.

"We have to play them here and at our school. If they loose both times they're out of finals. If they win one time they're still in finals. Get it now?"

"Yeah, totally. Yeah, fuck that school either way we're going to win."

The coach looked at him shocked, Jimin quickly cleared his throat. "I'm-I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to curse!"

"It's fin—holy shit! No!"

Jimin turned his attention to the field where he saw Jin being tackled down. He hit the ground so hard the breath was knocked out of him.

Jin made eye contact with the guy that tackled him and the he smiled. This only infuriated him more and he tried to push him off but was unsuccessful.

The other team managed to get the ball and Jin paid close attention to who the guy was. His jersey read "Kim 74". He would keep that in mind for sure.

•••

"Yes! Yes! I knew it!" The coach screamed as he ran to the team. "Listen, the score was really close. We only beat them by a few points on our next home game we have to beat them again! We all know they are our biggest rivals."

As soon as the coach stopped congratulating them, Jin looked through the crowd to find who he was looking for. He wanted to see that guy. How dare he take the ball from him? Kim Seokjin!

"Hey, nice game."

Jin turned around and landed eyes on a tall boy with deep dimples on his cheeks. He was smiling brightly and had beautiful peachy pink hair and the most heartwarming eyes.

Jin gulped feeling his chest tighten. His heart was on the floor.

Then he saw the guys jersey and the number 74. He was the tackler. "You tackled me!" He said.

Namjoon's eyes widen, "Woah, I was simply doing my job. I'm sorry!"

"I see what you're doing! You're just trying to play nice with me to get in my head. Did your little crew sent you? Are you upset that you lost and can't take it?" Jin asked looking towards the opposite team.

"What? No. I just came to tell you, you played really nice. I am upset we lost but we still have many more games to play. Come one we're basically the same school. I mean you're from Oak Creek we're from Oak Hill it's the same thing. Why can't we all get along?"

"We are not the same thing. We could never get along. Our schools have been rivals before we were even born!" Jin said defensively.

Namjoon shrugged. He didn't understand the big deal of the whole rivalry. "You have skills...Kim? That's your last name? Cool! Mine too!" He said enthusiastically trying to change the topic.

"I see that." Jin replied as he tried to get by. Namjoon stood in the way and bowed with a smile, "I'm Namjoon. You're really cute and I'm open to any gender. I hope you're not a homophobic person but just wanted to let you know. Wanna be friends?"

Jin felt his face turn red. "I don't want to be your friend. Now leave me alone." He quickly said walking away.

He felt embarrassed and put on the spot. That Namjoon guy was probably trying to toy with his emotions. And the opposite team must've sent him.

Namjoon was left confused and a little hurt. He watched the handsome boy quickly get away. Then he cursed himself, Dammit Namjoon, you scared him away!

On the other hand, Jimin looked at Chanyeol who was on the other side of the field. He removed his helmet and looked absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous.

Jimin's heart nearly stopped beating. His stomach felt uneasy and his breathing quickened.

He was definitely not ready to face Chanyeol. He would never be ready. It was simply humiliating.

"There's that jerk." Yoongi mumbled coming behind, Jimin.

"Uninvited." Jimin responded.

Yoongi ignored him as he opened up a beef jerky stick. "Gross." Jimin said looking at it disgusted.

Yoongi wiggled the beef in front of his face. "You know you want it. Open your mouth for daddy."

Jimin squealed covering his ears. He was so impure! Too sinful for Jimin's precious angelic ears.

Yoongi laughed, "Cute." He said as he took another bite. Jimin smiled a little unconsciously. He called him cute. Maybe he didn't mean it the way Jimin wanted to, but it was a compliment.

He stopped laughing when he saw Chanyeol talking to one of the cheerleaders. Jimin then also turned to look.

His heart sunk.

Have you ever felt the pain actually spread through your chest from hearing or seeing something that actually breaks your heart?

That's what Jimin felt at that moment. Chanyeol was laughing and socializing with the girl and he tucked her hair behind her ear.

"I thought he was gay." Yoongi said with a frown. He was upset because he sort of had this little crush on the cheerleader, Lisa.

But, Lisa had never acknowledged Yoongi. One, because she went to Oak Hill. Two, because she was way out of his league.

"He's bisexual." Jimin responded his eyes stinging with tears.

Yoongi looked away annoyed. His beef stick was suddenly not appetizing anymore. He saw the way Jimin was looking at them and he quickly got in front of him.

"Waterboy, keep your shit together. You can't let him know you're hurt. I have this little crush on the cheerleader but do you see me showing it? No."

"I wanted to talk to him today. Maybe, he would've told me why mirrors panic him and what happened in those twenty minutes he was gone." He said unable to look away.

Yoongi impulsively smacked his nose with the beef. "Ouch! Did you just hit me with the beef? I smell life beef! I smell like beef!" Jimin said swinging his arms in the air.

"Yes. I fucking hit you with the beef. Listen here, if you let that boy see how broken you are he will use that against you. He will continue to use you the way he has because he will know how much you're into him. Don't let him take control of you. You are your own person and you don't need another man to make you happy. You have yourself and that's more than enough."

Jimin nodded blinking fast. "O-okay. Thank you."

"Of course. Gotta make you a tough bitch or everyone will hurt you."

"Are you my guardian or something? Why do you care?"

Yoongi shrugged, "Because you're so small and kind of cute. I don't know, man, I just want to protect you from the world."

Jimin held his breath. He started feeling jittery and a little fluttering sensation spread in his stomach. It felt like flowers were growing in his chest.

And for a split second Chanyeol didn't even cross his mind.