Chapter 7- Coffee

I woke up with a massive headache that only grew with the bright light pouring in through the window. I went to shut the blinds but tripped over something on the floor.

I looked down to see a guy passed out next to my bed. I looked around confused, there were two more guys between me and the window and I started to freak out. I couldn't remember anything from the night before and I had no idea who the guys were. Had I just slept with three different guys in one night? I felt dirty just thinking about it.

Cassie groaned from the other side of the room and I nearly sighed with relief. If she was here then I obviously didn't do anything too horrible, at least I didn't think I would have. She sat up and looked over toward me.

"Who are these people?" I whispered to her.

"They're the guys, remember? Tim, Ben, and Tyler."

The names sort of rang a bell, but I didn't know how.

"How much did you drink last night?" Cassie asked me.

"Enough that I have a pounding headache and I have no idea who you're talking about," I said as I made my way down to the kitchen.

If that was the case, then I obviously had a lot to drink. Like I'd said, it wasn't impossible for us to get drunk, it just usually didn't last that long, and to have those effects... Apparently it had just been one of those nights. I went downstairs, grabbed the pot of coffee, five mugs and a tray, and took it back into my room.

"Rise and and shine whoever you people are." I went around and placed a cup full of coffee in front of everyone's face and sat down on my bed, cupping mine happily in my hands.

I watched as everyone's eyes opened and they eagerly grabbed the cups. I had always thought that coffee was the best cure for a hangover. Not that I really had much chance for the hangover because of the metabolism thing. But I used it whenever I could.

 "Ouch, you don't remember me, Babe?" One of the guys asked.

I nearly spit out my mouth full of coffee. Babe? Who the hell was this person, and who in the world did he think he was calling me babe?

"I'm sorry, I only remember people who are worth remembering. What was your name again?"

"Tyler, and that one really hurt," the guy said holding his hand over his heart as if he'd been shot.

Right, Tyler, it was starting to come back to me. It was amazing, I found him just as annoying in the morning as I had the night before.

"Tyler, right."

"So you do remember me," he said with a wink.

"Not really," I lied to him. Better to keep him down than to bring him back up.

The other two guys laughed and I just shrugged my shoulders.

"And Tyler has met his match," one of them said through laughter.

"Shut up, dude!" Tyler yelled at him.

"Why do I have three guys in my room?" I cut them off.

"That would be because of me," Cassie said raising her hand. "They came for the party last night and when I came back here they just crashed with me."

I nodded and focused back on my coffee, letting the bitter taste chase away the pounding in my head, the one that Tyler seemed to make grow.

"Not that you other two aren't awesome or anything, because you know, I don't know if you are or not, but you kinda need to go. My parents will be up soon."

"If they don't know we're here then they're deaf or something," one of the guys said.

"I don't want to know. Just get out!" I said covering my ears.

The three of them got up while laughing.

"See you around Cassie, and you," one of them said turning to me. "You're cool. Feel free to come hang out any time."

"Just go, Ben," Cassie said as she hugged him.

She then ran around and hugged the other two. "See you guys later."

"Now that they're finally gone, what the hell got into you last night?" Cassie shouted at me.

"What are you talking about?"

"You were so out of control after you came back with Alarik," she accused.

"I seriously have no idea what you're talking about, I don't remember most of the night," I said.

"Well first of all you were acting like a total flirt to the guys," I made a face at her words, sure they may have been kinda cute, but none of them had been my type. I know I could flirt a little bit, but I wasn't normally over the top. "You nearly got them killed by Alarik. He was going into some sort of rage because you were all over them. Then you were all over him."

What in the world did she mean by all over?

Cassie gave me a pointed look as if she knew what I wanted to ask. And I knew exactly what her answer was. I felt like I was going to be sick. I had been all over Alarik at the bonfire last night, and everyone there would have been able to see it. Oh gods.

"I need to go for a run," I said weakly.

"Your wolf again?"

"No, just me. I just need to go run all of this off." As if a run was going to be able to wash off everything I had done. But maybe it would help me at least remember what I'd done. It was bad enough that I had done whatever I had with Alarik, it was even worse that I couldn't remember what it was.

I slipped my running shorts, tank top and sneakers on and headed out the door.

"I'll meet you at your place in an hour," I called back.

I ran down the street and back toward the woods again. Even if I wasn't going to shift, the woods were a more peaceful place to jog than the streets. The only things around were the small forest creatures, and that was just the way I liked it.

I kept pushing myself harder and harder, making my feet carry me faster as I blasted the music through my headphones. I was lost in the beat, running with the drums. I felt the haze around last night shimmering in my mind as I pushed myself as if it was trying to break free, trying to remind me of what had happened.

I kept pushing myself harder, hoping it would be the key to breaking it, the key to unleashing the events.

It felt like the veil was about to lift when something slammed into me, knocking me into a tree.

I gasped and shouted, but a hand flew over my mouth.

I found myself looking into those same predatory eyes as the last time I had been running, only this time, they were set into a human face.

Alarik had me pinned against the tree, a wicked smile playing across his mouth in a super sexy way. Sparks flew through my body, and just like that, the veil lifted.

Everything crashed back down, bringing not only the images, but the emotions with them. I was suddenly hyper aware of every inch of Alarik that was touching me, and it wasn't enough.

He moved his hand when he was sure I wasn't going to scream and his mouth came down, crushing mine. A fire exploded between our lips and a shiver went down my spine.

******************

Well snap. Interesting place to leave it isn't it?

Sorry for such a long time between uploads, but I think once you get the next chapter, which should be out super soon, you'll think the wait was worth it ;)

Don't forget to vote, comment, and fan!!!

He's My MateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara