Chapter 15- Dinner with the Alpha's Son

I had no idea where I was supposed to meet Alarik or where we were even going for that matter. I was out walking around the streets with Cassie telling her about what had happened. How Alarik had made me sign the contract and what would happen if I broke the agreement. 

"Then just give him his two months. I'm sure you can do that. How horrible could it be to spend time with your mate?"

I just rolled my eyes. I couldn't wait for her to come of age and discover her mate and find out that this whole thing wasn't all rainbows and butterflies. Unless she somehow managed to get a really good mate. For her sake, I hoped she did. 

"I can do two months. I mean it's not that long. I don't think."

Just then a black car pulled up, driving along side us. The back window rolled down and I saw Alarik smirking on the other side. 

"Trying to avoid me and our date, Allison?"

I mentally groaned. "No, not avoiding."

"Good, because we have a deal, remember?"

"How could I possibly forget?" I said with as much snark as I could muster. 

"Hop on in," Alarik said with a wide grin. 

I looked back at Cassie and saw her try to hide a smile. "Go on, what are you waiting for?"

Oh, I don't know, for you to save me somehow, I thought. But I just turned and got in on the other side in the back of the car and the driver sped away. 

Alarik's eyes raked over me and I suddenly felt exposed. 

"So where are we going?" I asked trying to get him to focus on anything but my body. With that heated stare it was causing me to think of all sorts of things I shouldn't. 

"You'll see when we get there."

I looked out of the heavily tinted window, barely seeing the sign as we left our borders. So we were going outside of our pack boundaries and into human civilization. I watched curiously as the woods faded away, replaced by homes and farms and then quickly turning into a city. 

We drove past tall buildings, and many businesses. All of them blurring past until we were stuck in heavy traffic. 

"You're going to want to put this on," Alarik said, handing me a medium sized box. 

I took the lid off, and pulled the tissue paper to the side looking at the top of a red dress. I pulled it out of the box. It looked like a long, form fitting dress, a really form fitting dress. There were no straps to it, I wasn't going to be able to wear my bra. Luckily the inside was padded. 

It looked simple for the most part, just some light addition of rhinestones to the bodice. The fabric was smooth to the touch, the silkiness sliding right past my fingertips.

"Why am I putting this on?" I asked. 

"Because where we're going, they expect their customers to look classy. Coming off the street won't really cut it here."

I glared at him. I knew what he meant, but he could have just said it a little nicer. 

He motioned for me to put the dress on, and I gave him a pointed look. I was so not going to change with him right there watching me. 

Alarik smirked before turning his head and closing his eyes. 

I still turned away from him, looking back to make sure he wasn't staring before I slid my shirt off. I fumbled with my bra clasp for a moment, not having the space necessary to get to it.