Chapter 18- The Meeting

Here's a double Alarik to finish up with that was going on at that club last night...

-Alarik-

I woke with a pounding headache, the light coming into my room only making it worse. How much did I have to drink last night? I hadn't felt this bad after a night out in ages.

I groaned and rolled over, burying my face into the pillow and pulling the blankets over my head. I couldn't even remember much from the night before, it was like it was there, but there was this haze over it. The last thing I remembered clearly was walking into the club and straight up to the bar.

"Alarik!" My father's booming voice rang out from downstairs. I cringed at the sound as it sent daggers straight through my head.

There was a long pause as I heard footsteps making their way up the wooden stairs and down the hall until they stopped in front of my door. I heard the knob turn and the creaking of the hinges as the door opened.

"Alarik, get up and get out here. You're to join me for our meeting with Alpha O'Brian."

I groaned as I heard my father leave my room. That's right, I was supposed to be present for the final decision between my father and the other Alpha. They were coming up with a way to end the feud between our packs.

I got out of bed and threw on the first outfit I could find. Looking myself over in the mirror I tried to flatten my hair back down so it wasn't sticking out in every direction. I needed to be somewhat presentable for the whole shebang.

I threw on socks and shoes and stood up. My head felt like it was going to explode and this was really the last thing I wanted to do in the morning. I looked at the clock, it was six in the morning. There was no way I should be up yet. I usually slept until at least seven getting to the school just before classes started at ten after eight.

I cursed my father for not putting this on a weekend. I took a few aspirin as I was on my way out the door and into my father's office.

I turned around, closing the door quietly behind me as I enterd. The visiting Alpha was already there and my father looked annoyed at having to wait for me.

"Nice of you to finally join us, Alarik," he said sounding disappointed.

"I would like to introduce you to Alpha O'Brian and his daughter, Hazel."

Shocks flared in my brain, Hazel. It registered in my mind but I couldn't quite remember why. That was until I turned and saw the face that went with the name and I wished I had stayed facing the door. I wished I had just left and never looked back.

"Shit," I whispered. Hopefully quiet enough that none of them could hear me, but in a room full of Alpha blood, that was a hefty wish.

"Watch your mouth son and come sit down." I knew it had been too much to wish for.

I relucantly trudged across the room and took the only empty seat left. Right next to Hazel. I remembered her from the night before, but I only remembered parts. It was the parts that I couldn't remember that scared me the most though. I remembered kissing her, I remembered her going for more, but I couldn't remember if I had gone through with it.

I saw her perfect lips, still painted that deep red, pull back into a sly smile as I took my seat. Her eyes looked me over again as if needing a better look in the light of day. I mentally cringed and turned away from her slightly so I was instead facing my father. At this moment, he was the lesser of two evils.

"We believe that we have come to an arrangement that would benefit both packs, isn't that right, Alpha O'Brian?"

"Yes, I believe we have. We have brought you both in to hear our decision because it closely regards the both of you."

Well of course it regards the both of us, this is about our packs, I thought. Even if a female Alpha was rarely heard of, we were both next in line to take over the positions of our fathers. I had very low patience and with this headache the meeting was starting to grate on my brain.

"Alarik and Hazel," my father said. "We believe it is in the best interest of both our packs to unify."

"I agree, we could help each other greatly. Now what sort of treaty have we come up with?" I asked him.

The Alphas exchanged looks before Alpha O'Brian spoke up again. "We believe the best way to do this would be to unify with marriage."

My eyes widened for a moment before I reeled my composure back in. That man did not just say what I thought he did. I had to be drunk still or something, because what he just said was completely out of the question.

I know I hadn't told my father about Allison yet, but I never imagined he would go out there and arrange my marriage with some woman just to bring two packs together.

"Father-" I started.

"I think it's a great idea," Hazel said with a glint in her eye.

"What?" I asked her.

"Why not? We will help each other greatly, and there will be no problems from my own pack. We've heard some murmurings about how many were unsure about a female Alpha. There would be no issues now."

She wanted this just so people wouldn't complain about who she was to her own pack? Was their pack really so weak that a woman leading them was seen as an issue? If the situation at hand weren't so serious I may have laughed at that.

"Splendid," my father said with a big grin.

Splendid? No one said this was splendid, this was far from splendid.

They couldn't be serious, they couldn't truly think this was a good idea for either of us.

"Isn't there another way that we could do this? Marriage can't possibly be the only way," I said, trying to keep the paranoia out of my voice.

"Well, this isn't the only way, no. We just feel this will be the best in the long run. We'll let you think about it." My father said. But his tone was clear, I was supposed to say yes.

I nodded and stood up. "Well, I have to go to school. It's not good for the teacher to be late." I honestly didn't care if I was late or not, but I couldn't stay in that room another minute.

I made my way to my car, starting it up and made my way to the school. The whole time the meeting played over in my head, my father's eyes holding mine with his unsaid words perfectly clear. This was going to happen, I was going to say yes.

I knew when I got back after school my father was going to talk to me about it. I just had to change his mind some how.

How could all of this have happened? And how could I have done that last night?

"I'm never drinking again," I mumbled to myself.

I couldn't believe I had gotten so blown away last night that I had freaking done that. I knew I wanted to just lose myself, but I didn't want to lose myself that much.

As I parked in my spot, I growled and hit my steering wheel. I thought Fridays were supposed to be good, but so far this was nothing but a disaster.

**********

So there it is. We got back inside the head of Alarik for the second time in a row. Next Allison is back up. Let's see what happens.

Vote, Comment, and Fan please!