(15): Growing On Me

After we got to Cottage Hill last night, Nick followed Winnie into her apartment and I followed Kyle into his. I think we were just way too tired to have any type of conversation and headed straight into our rooms.

I couldn't sleep as soon as I would've liked to because I kept replaying all the things that took place.

Noah treating me like a piece of shit.

Dee cheating on Winnie, and Kyle and I lying about it. For what? Are we trying to protect Dee? Maybe deep down we just know it's not our place to tell her.

But what if it is? What if we're robbing Winnie and Nicholas of their happiness. She deserves someone who won't cheat on her the minute they feel insecure. What if Nick is that person? What if she could be happier with him?

It's none of my business really.

And then there's Betty's little evil schemes. Does that girl ever stop? Seriously? Exposing people's secrets like that? She's crazy. What if my name had been selected. What would she have said about me?

I'm so glad I wasn't inside during that time. I can only imagine how horrible it must've been for the victims, my best friend included.

Sigh.

I finally decide to get up from my very comfortable bed and take a quick shower. Speaking of... I'm pretty sure Kyle's bedroom is an en-suite because I've never seen him use the bathroom I use. Not that I want to.

I get dressed in my cotton shorts, a black tee shirt and flip-flops, also tying my hair into a messy bun on top of my head. My stomach starts to growl and I make my way to the kitchen to prepare some food.

Cereal won't suffice so I decide on eggs and bacon. I make some for Kyle too, because why not? When I'm done, I put his in the microwave since he's not up yet or so I think, and I happily munch on mine.

He's probably at the gym.

I start to clean up the place. It wasn't really messy or anything since Kyle is surprisingly a neat freak, and so am I. Kind of. I sweep, dust and wash the dishes. He has a dishwasher but I feel bad using it and wasting water just for a few dishes that I can finish up myself.

A few minutes after I'm done, Kyle shows up from his bedroom with damp hair and I'm guessing he just took a shower. We're coincidentally both wearing black shirts and shorts... although his are much longer than mine. And he looks better in them. Weird comparison, but it's true.

"Morning" I chirp sitting on the couch and watching some reruns of 'Jessie'

He yawns "Hi"

"No gym today?" Normally he starts his day off there. I actually thought that's where he was. It's sad that I never know if he's home or not.

He shakes his head and then I think he notices that we're kind of matching cause his eyes linger on me for a while before ruffling his blonde locks "I was worn out"

Same.

"I was making some breakfast and then I made some for you too. I mean, you don't have to eat it if you don't want to or anything. I was just being nice. I'm sure it's nowhere as good as Angeline's" I start to ramble uncontrollably.

What? He makes me nervous when he's not being rude to me.

"Jeez, I'll eat it" He answers amused.

"Okay" I squeak as I watch him take it out and doing just that before focusing my attention back on the TV.

It's that episode where Jessie and Luke linked up to make music and dance at the park. Jessie is currently playing 'Texas Boys' and Luke is dancing along. I love this episode.