(17): Strong Leverage

After a long week, it's finally the weekend and this one Kyle is racing again.

He pleaded me not to come watch but I mean, Zorro is still out of the country and I don't see what could go wrong. What am I supposed to do at the apartment all by myself? I very much like watching the races.

Dee has been avoiding Kyle and I the whole week so we haven't had a chance to confront her about telling Winnie. We know for a fact that she hasn't cause Winnie is still kind of giving us the cold shoulder. She doesn't know that she should be giving that to the person that she's been attached by the hip to.

My week just mostly consisted of handing in assignments and getting new ones, also avoiding any type of drama. I have way too much on my plate at the moment.

Everyone else has been okay; Kat, Nick and Nathan. Kyle has gone back to not engaging in conversations with me. Sigh. We just have the usual "hi", "bye", "can I ride with you to and from campus", "please shut up", "Nicholas owes me so much for this"

Like I said... the usual.

Earlier today our conversation consisted of:

"I heard you guys talking about the race. You're forbidden to go" He announced when he came into the apartment. I had just been watching TV.

"Excuse you but you're not my dad" I retorted "I'll go if I want to"

He sighed annoyed "This is not up for debate. Do you want a repeat of last time?"

"You told me that your brother was still out of the country so that definitely won't be happening"

"He can send other people"

I rolled my eyes "Exactly so it's safer if I'm not all alone in the apartment. Plus Nick said he'd protect me"

He scoffed "Nicholas? Really? He's gonna get distracted by any girl that walks past him"

"No he won't" I defended "Don't worry, I won't be your problem. If anything happens, you wont have to 'rescue' me or whatever"

"God, you're fucking stubborn" He grumbled through gritted teeth before walking to his room.

And yeah, that was basically it.

On the Wednesday, Angeline came again making me wonder what he was upset about this time. I think it had something to do with his mom because he had been speaking to her on the phone earlier on.

He probably fixed his speaker because that day I couldn't hear anything from the other side.

Pity.

He's been in a real bad mood ever since.

"Oh my gosh, I wish I could punch that girl in the tits" Kat mutters annoyed from next to me.

I follow her gaze and see a half-naked girl eyeing Nathan like he is her last meal. She whispers something to her other half-naked friend, fixes her hair and then licks her lips before swaying her way to Nathan.

"Okay that's it" Kat screeches angrily making a move and I hold her back. "Let me go, Chelsea, I swear to God"

One thing about my best friend is that she's hot-headed and tends to act irrationally in certain situations such as this one.