(22): Bomb Dropped

After finding out that we don't have classes until next week Monday (after the weekend) to prepare for the exams, I decided to call my dad and telling him that I would be coming.

It was a hard decision really cause I also want to go home to visit my mom, but I mean I haven't seen Chris and dad in such a long time so I guess I had to make that sacrifice.

I don't know how to feel though. Should I tell mom? I don't think so. I'll just visit on another weekend to make myself feel better.

Should I be excited to see dad? I haven't seen him since the end of my junior year. That was almost three years ago. I wonder what's changed.

Probably a lot.

I remember I had a best friend there. His name was Jacob. I wonder if he's still around. He lived next door to my dad's house and we would always hang out when I was around. He was so cool and so cute. I may or may not have had a crush on him. I don't really remember.

He lived with his older brother... I think his name was Monty. I wasn't really familiar with him though. I guess it would be nice to see them too.

"Hello? Are you listening to me?" I'm snapped out of my dreamland by Kathrine waving a hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, what?"

She puts down the unfamiliar pink teddy bear on my bed "I was saying I got this for you. Well Nathan did, but I didn't like it so now I'm giving it to you"

I raise a confused brow "Why me?"

"You don't have teddy bears on your bed"

We are currently resided in my room and speaking about nothing in particular. Kyle knows she's here and didn't seem to mind. Things change, huh? Or maybe he's just not in the mood to bother with me since I never listen to him anyways.

Either way, I'm happy.

"I don't want teddy bears on my bed. I have 6 very comfortable pillows" I tell her snuggling myself with one of them.

She also does the same grinning "I'll admit, they're very comfy. Remember I used to steal them when we still lived together"

"Yep" I giggle "You liked the purple one"

She laughs at the memory before turning to look at me "So what's going on between you and Kyle?"

"Like how?" I ask confused.

She shrugs "I don't know. You guys are so weird. Are you friends or not?"

"I don't know" I also shrug "He doesn't really give much away. Sometimes we're cool and other time he's being his usual rude and cold self. It's been less frequent now though"

"He looks like a lot to handle"

I snort "He is. But I like him. He's cool. And at least now you know he isn't some God with no flaws like you though he was"

"He doesn't like me, does he?" She frowns knowingly.

"He thinks you're trouble" I explain awkwardly, not wanting to lie to her "But it doesn't matter because he doesn't even know you like that"

"Why?" She asks defensively.

I shrug "I don't know. Maybe Nathan tells him all the freaky stuff you two get up to. I wouldn't be surprised"

Her eyes widen in horror "You think?"

"I'm kidding" I laugh "Unless he really does. You should probably ask him"

"I swear to God I'll kill him if he does"

I chuckle amused "Why? You tell me. Even when I don't ask. Which is actually like all the time"