(18): Dangerous Man

"Okay, Chelsea, I think you're gonna cut my blood circulation" Nicholas yelps "What's going on? Why are you holding me so tightly? Don't tell me you're falling for me"

Ha-ha.

I didn't realize how strong my hold was getting so I slightly ease it up "Uh sorry. It's just- Kyle told me to be careful"

"What? Why?"

"Big Ben is here" I say barely above a whisper.

Nick's eyes widen "What? And Kyle let you stay here?"

"He didn't want to" I quickly defend "But he said Big Ben would probably follow me home anyways so it's better if I'm with you guys"

"Are you okay, though?" Nick asks softly.

I shrug indifferent "Doesn't matter. Can we focus on the race now?"

I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't like talking about it.

As always, the blue car which belongs to Kyle is first, with approximately five more laps to go. The crowd is just excited and cheerful as they always are at the result; I'm guessing most of them betted on him. Nathan's green one is involved in an epic battle with a silver one that I never noticed the last time.

He's always fighting for second place, huh?

I can't help but look around for Big Ben, it's not that I want to see him I just can't help myself. A man as big as him would be hard not to noticing, leaving me with the conclusion that he's either hiding or he left.

Hopefully the latter.

I just want to have a good time with all my friends without worrying. Apparently that's too much to ask for this new life I've been exposed to.

"Hello? Why do you look like a zombie?" Kathrine asks, appearing from God knows where. I could hear her screaming Nathan's name though.

She's that loud.

"Leave the girl alone" Winnie defends, probably knowing my state of mind.

Kat gives me a look as if to say 'oh so you two are speaking now?' I give her one back that says 'I'll explain later'.

We communicate with our eyes sometimes.

Kat sighs "I hope Nathan gets second place. That dumbass silver car is just not giving up"

"It was like this the last time too and he got it in the final lap. Don't give up" Nico tries to reassure. I nod to try and act like I'm also giving the same advice. She was going to expect me to say something.

"Hey, do you guys know where Dee went? I haven't seen her since the race started" Winnie asks worriedly.

I also haven't actually.

"Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you that she left. She said she had an emergency" Kat informs her forgetfully. "Sorry, I really thought I told you"

Winnie just hums, looking a mixture of thoughtful and annoyed "Okay, thanks"

Dee is playing a dangerous game here. Sooner or later, Kyle is going to lose his patience and tell Winnie himself.

Before we can all dwell any longer on the suspicious acting Dee, the half naked girl waves the flag that signals that it's the last round. The racers pick up their speed, Kyle included even though he's easily winning. The crowd gets louder and my anxiety just bubbles. Who knows what will happen when the race is over? I think I just want to leave immediately.

Regardless, I find myself cheering a faint "Go Kyle"

I know he said he didn't need my support, but here it is.