3: Pick Up

|Natalie|

My face became plastered on all types of media and different types of news platforms. I felt uneasy and nervous. My palms were sweaty and I felt like I was being watched twenty four seven now. My roommate Rowen was busy around the house shutting shades and curtains, I hope this keeps reporters out for a while. It'll be a great story for them to report if I burn the house down. I just want to make breakfast and be left alone.

I now live and I use to go to the campus in the crest pack. I am not fond of living away from home and my own pack, but my parents encouraged it. They do have the best colleges out of all the packs in the states. I am a graduate now, but I don't know if I want to move back home now.

I am going to have to tell my parents eventually. It could be a alliance between our two packs, well my uncles pack and the crest pack.

"You look like you are overthinking again, Nat," Rowen teases.

"Because I am!"

"Woah, someone is snappy today. I am assuming Alpha Maxwell didn't take you to bed last night to mate you."

"Rowen," I groan.

"I am correct, no dick. I wanted details. You truly are the worst roommate, so disappointing."

I roll my eyes.

"So where is he taking you anyways?"

"I don't know, all he said was wear something nice. Like a evening gown. So I'm assuming a dinner or something."

Rowen laughs. "And yet you don't own an evening gown. I guess that means we are going shopping."

"No, no, no. Not right now. I'll literally be followed by reporters."

"That's why we get your little alpha mate to send security to protect that little ass of yours. So you aren't bothered by reporters, duh."

"Ro, you truly are no help," I huff.

"I know."

"You don't have a dress I can borrow?"

"I have tons, but none are for this type of occasion."

"And what type of occasion is this?"

"Duh, your first date and with an alpha nonetheless. A very powerful alpha!"

I roll my eyes and sit down in defeat on my bed. This was much harder than I thought. I usually don't care what I look like when going on a date, but this is with the alpha. I want to look nice since we are going to have reporters up our ass. Not to mention I want to look nice since he is the alpha and it is our first date. It shouldn't matter how I dress, he's my mate he won't care. But I do and I want to make a good first impression on my pack. The pack approval is always important, always. I want the packs approval. I really hold no rank in this pack, I'm not a warrior, a doctor, I don't sit on his council, and I am not close to him. I'm not like his beta or gamma, I'm not any of that. I am just a member that makes up the pack. I'm not a big name in the pack.

"Screw it, I'm throwing on what I wear to family dinners," I blurt.

I dress professionally for family dinners, my uncle is an Alpha so I am at his house every month for dinner. If you ask me, I'm his favorite niece. I'm not annoying like the rest of his nieces and nephews. I don't beg him for money or things. I don't need to.

"I always love those outfits. I may have to borrow one for my next date," she chimes. "Yes, show off those sexy legs you got. Damn, I wish I had those legs."

I groan and hide embarrassed behind my hand. We both jump at the sound of the doorbell and our eyes widen.

"I'm not ready! Go stall him," I cry.

"Okay, Okay. Calm down," she hushes and runs down the stairs.

I hear yelling from downstairs and the door slamming. I know she wasn't yelling or slamming the door at the alpha. It's most likely the news and paparazzi out there trying to get some information. Breath Natalie. Breath. Everything will go smoothly and everything will play out fine. Just don't trip.

I slide on the little booties and continue to put the finishing touches on my hair and makeup. I grab my red circle over the shoulder purse and meet them downstairs. I creep into the kitchen to grab my phone and some gum. Seeing Rowan actually get along with someone is amazing considering her temper.

She looks over her shoulder and sees me hiding in the kitchen. Excusing herself she comes into the kitchen and stands before me.

"Get out there," Rowan exclaims.

"I'm nervous," I whisper yell at her.

"Tough shit! I got shit I got to do and you are hiding in the kitchen like a pussy. Now get that ass out there so you can leave and so can the paparazzi!"

"Is everything alright out there," I hear Maxwell ask from the living room.

"Yes, everything is alright, Alpha," Rowen responds.

We exchange glares and I walk by her and to the living room where he has made himself comfortable. He smiles up at me and then in shock taking second glance.

"Natalie, you look beautiful," he stutters.

"Thank you and you don't look so bad yourself," I tease.

His hair was messy, he wore jeans and a navy sweater that was matched with boots and a gold watch. He pushes himself up and off the couch and grabs for my hand.

"Are you ready?"

I nod.

"Wonderful! I picked up a small restaurant that I think you'll like. It's a little bit of a long drive," he rambles.

"It's fine."

He flashes another smile and hands me sunglasses. "Just for your privacy for now. I don't want them walking in on your life till we both are ready to announce you as Luna. I want to keep you to myself for awhile."

I laugh as I put on the glasses. Once he opens the door flashes and questions start flying from every direction. Maxwell dragging me through the ground and to the awaiting car. I'm surprised it's a luxurious white car and not a van or something. He was the one who was driving. The car is low to the ground and of course the interior is as nice as the exterior.

"You did wonderful. There will be many more to come like that. You'll get use to it," he tells.

"How many more?"

"For the rest of your life."

He smirks at my momentarily horror and speeds off and to the restaurant. I sit and watch the trees go by as he takes side roads to get on the main highway.

"Go to sleep. I'll wake up when we arrive," he informs me and lays his jacket on me.

Before I knew it, I was falling asleep to the smell of him and the silent hum of the car.

~~~

Hey! Another update for the rewrite. This isn't edited! Once this one is finished I'll edit it. I'll be working on this one from here on out. So the original will no longer be updated. I have no inspiration to finish the original but I have a lot for this one.

Have a wonderful week!

~Becca, The Queen Of Beans