three

Sinister Desire
~•°•~

Two years later.

“You stupid girl! You could have poisoned us all!” Yelled Mrs. Sophia, looking down at her as she staggered on the ground, clearly dazed by the woman's extreme voice. “Putting Wolfsbane in the herbs cabinet?!”

“Well, how was I supposed to know that wasWwolfsbane?! You didn't put a mark on it, clearly, you're the incompetent wolf here!” She protested back and gathered herself, standing up against her own teacher.

Lyra felt the stare of everyone in the room, her back burned with the intensity. She turned her head and stared them down, eyeing them as she scowled. Her hardheaded personality was now showing through, which unfortunately displayed her nasty attitude.

She looked at the wolf in front of her, Sophia was on the verge of exploding to bits and pieces. Lyra had always been demure looking, head bowed down and quite but to Sophia, she was no doubt a terrible monster!

Lyra hated how Sophia was her mother's sister, making the woman her aunt.

Sophia never looked at Lyra as a family, instead, she casted the poor wolf away and denied any kind of affiliation with her, prompting Edward to adopt her.

All in all, she could only call her only living relative a big piece of smoking turd.

Sophia, with eyes as wide as golf balls had her hand tightly gripping Lyra's shoulder, making the poor little wolf wince. She tried to drag her away but Lyra's tenaciousness proved to be stronger than Sophia's will to punish her.

“Wolfsbane, a plant that all of us are weak to. It causes our immune system to lower down making us vulnerable to be influenced by drugs, poisons, or any other bullshit that might kill you. Consuming wolfsbane causes hallucinations, memory loss and extreme internal bleeding which we cannot see or feel because while under the influence of it, we feel numb. Now tell you me you little shit, are you really not worried about killing someone?”

Lyra looked at her teacher, of course she knew that! She knew everything about how to keep a wolf safe, she had dedicated the last two years of her life training as a pack doctor. It was just one mistake, Sophia had only wanted things to blow out of proportions.

“I’m sorry, okay?” She admitted defeat but her defiant tone clearly stood out.

“Alright, that's it. Two weeks, no, a month! A month will do you good in the shalery.” The wolf screamed in anger.

She no longer had a say on it, she may be obscenely hardheaded but saying no would only result to an even worse punishment, cafeteria duty. At least, working at the shalery would allow her to be with senior wolves that would teach her combat.

“Okay, ” Lyra nodded. 'Okay, so I can forge a dagger and stab you with it.'

She knew she would never follow through that, the thought was enticing but it was too scary.

“Good, get out of my class and my sight before I call on Edward.”

She wasted no time getting the hell out of there, she had a free pass now she had time to think about her two heroes coming home later today.