eighteen

When Wolves Comes Home
~•°•~

When she was young, Lyra was always the kid with the weird habits. She hated everyone for being better than her about everything, but whenever she saw the smile on her two older brothers’ faces, the cloudiest of days became something amazing. One time when she was sick, she remembered going down with the flu, Ignacios being the worried boy that he was, stuck by her side, holding her hand between his as he watched her like a hawk.

“Ly,” he started, his soft voice making her heart flutter with happiness. “are you feeling better? Please tell me you are.”

She smiled, knowing his worries always meant the best for her. He always worked up a big deal whenever she got hurt, and it was always worth it seeing his red angry face scolding her because of her carelessness. But having the flu was different. She had no control over this. And seeing Ignacios worry about something he couldn't control made her smile as his adorable looking worried face looked at her.

“I’m fine, Iggy.” she whispered, smiling at him.

Lyra watched the frown on his lips deepen, even though she was obviously weakened from her sickness, she still mustered up enough energy to lie.

Iggy’s determined eyes looked at her with sincerity, the stormy glint that he held kept her still, in her bed while he stood over her. There were no words, all she heard was his beating heart and how it intensified as he laid a small peck on her forehead. His warm breath fanned her face, making her blush. Ignacios smiled at her. She saw how his stormy grey eyes glistened with happiness. Ignacios jumped on her bed, getting under the covers and placing his arm under her red maned head. He pulled her close, squeezing her tightly until her body molded against his.

Silence followed as Lyra stayed in place, wishing this moment would never end.

But it did, and all that happened when they were still young, oblivious to the things that were to unravel in the future.

It had been three solid days when she rushed Iggy and Gael into the pack’s clinic. She remembered, hoisting Ignacios on her back and dragging him through the woods. When she got there, wolves had gathered all around her asking so many questions. But she didn't answer any of them, instead, she ordered the wolves of help get Gael into safety.

Now she watched over Ignacios, his once bright face reduced into a sunken mess. He looked like on the verge of death, but she knew he could fight this off.

He wore a bandage around his abdomen, pressing on his knife wounds that were hurt by Wolfsbane. After Gael and Ignacios were brought back from the woods, she had made sure the both of them got together to drink the cure she made for Wolfsbane. Ignacios was the only one taking more time to heal. Gael only took a few hours, but his motor functions were still on dire straits. He walked with a cane, his sunny disposition was replaced with a dark cloud that loomed over his verdant green eyes.

Lyra couldn't really deny how big of a toll was taken from Gael when he woke up. He wasn't himself.

As Lyra silently watched over Ignacios, a knock from the open door came. Her head turned to where it was and she was met but Gael, his eyes vehemently staring at her.

“He’s still alive?”  He smirked, waddling in the room with his cane, his brown copper hair dangling on his face.

She only smiled, her eyes darting back to Ignacios who was still quietly stuck in his slumber.