28

I sway my hips back and forth, waving my arms in the air. The sound of the latest Drake single fills up the room. We sing along, freely dancing to the tune.

"Yes, bitch!" Steph cheers. "Shake that ass!"

I laugh at her, moving my butt from left to right. She slaps it, causing me to laugh even more. She crouches down, doing some kind of twerking move I could never replicate.

"Damn, girl!" Lena calls. "Look at that booty!"

"Did you get his number?" I ask her.

Just moments ago, she was talking to Angus outside. Steph and Angus are the only two people I invited. So far, they're the only friends I've made. Lena invited her friends, but she's barely hung out with them all night. I'm glad, though. I love spending time with her.

Steph is fitting in well with Lena and I. They get along great, and the dynamic between us three is perfect. We have so much fun.

"Yes!" Lena grins. "I told him I'd call him first thing tomorrow."

"Goodluck with that," Steph snickers. "You're going to be hungover as fuck!"

"I'm fine!" she insists, but I can smell the alcohol from here. "Speaking of which, you want another shot?"

I wrinkle my nose in disgust, shaking my head. I've already had two, and both were gross. Lena must've had six by now, but she doesn't mind their taste.

"Come on!" Steph encourages. "One more!"

"It's your birthday!" Lena pushes.

She grabs a vodka bottle off the kitchen counter, pouring some into the cups we abandoned on the kitchen counter. Mine still has some leftover strawberry vodka in them, but I don't mind. If anything, the strawberry flavour will reduce the bitterness. I would've preferred to drink the cocktail Tyler gave me, but I've been too afraid to talk to him.

"Fine!" I laugh, taking my cup from Lena.

"Yes!" she cheers. We hold our glasses up into the air. "To sisterhood!"

Just like that, I swallow the bitter liquid, letting it sting my throat all the way down. I pull a sour face. It really doesn't get any easier.

"And another one!" she fills us up again.

"No!" I scold.

"Yes, bitch!"

"One more for good luck," Steph winks.

"Fine! But no more!"

Once again, I gulp down the vodka. I make sure to put the cup away so Lena can't sneak in any more alcohol.

"Isn't this made of potato?" I ask.

"Yep," Steph nods. "Great, right?"

"Those carbs really don't fit into my diet," Lena laughs.

"I'd much rather eat a bowl of chips than drink this shit," I scowl.

"Oh my god!" Steph gasps. "I'm ordering chips!"

"Now?"

"Yes! UberEats is my saviour!" she pulls out her phone. "You guys want anything? I'm ordering from McDonald's.

"Hell yes, please get me a cheeseburger!" Lena says.

"I'll take some nuggets, please!" I grin.

"How many?"

"Lots. I feel like I could eat my weight in chicken nuggets right now."

"Holy shit!" Lena gasps "We should do a girls night, and just binge food the whole time."