Chapter 10

The Day of Rayaan's Arrival

Finally the week was over and the day of Rayaan's arrival was here. Whole of the Shah Villa was in a frenzy. Everywhere workers were doing last minute arrangements and the villa was filled with aromas of lots of delicious Pakistani foods. The foods were specially made on the demands of Rayaan himself.

Hana was helping all the females in the kitchen while her baba, uncles and dadi jaan were chatting in the living room. The driver had already gone to airport to pick Rayaan up.

Hana was very happy. She was waiting by the front door very impatiently. When the car horn sounded from the outside, she excitedly opened the door and saw a very handsome but tired looking Rayaan walking towards the door. When he reached the door, hana very excitedly Salaamed him.

Walaikum-assalaam?" Rayaan replied in a questioning way. After looking at Rayaan's confused face, hana's smile faltered a little but she still maintained it and said:

"It's me, Hana! Rayaan Bhai don't you remember me?" she said still very happy to see Rayaan.

"Oh! My! My! How you have grown, kiddo! I did not recognize you there for a minute!" Rayaan replied with a small smile. He put a hand on Hana's head and both of them entered the villa together.

Everyone was looking at hana very confusedly as they know that hana is a very shy and reserve type of girl. They did not know why she was so excited but they let it slide as all of their attention again went to Rayaan.

Rayaan greeted his Dadi Jaan first with a big hug and an even bigger smile on his face. Hana's heart skipped a beat as Rayaan looked very handsome with smile. Rayaan greeted everyone else with hugs also and then they settled in the living room. Hana went in kitchen and brought some refreshments for everyone as they all were chatting with Rayaan. After serving everyone with drinks, she went behind her mother's sofa and just stood there, looking at everyone, and interacting with each other.

After sometime, Rayaan went to his room to freshen up and then they had dinner. At the dinner, Rayaan asked hana about her future plans and asked why she did not wanted to do pursue the medical field. Everyone, except hana's parents, was also curios about it so they silently listened to what Hana had to say.

"I don't like to study bhai! I don't even know why I got a position in FSc because I know that I have not studied this hard to get a position and that too a first one. I am sure that the marking was wrong. And about future plans! I don't really know what I want to do yet. I asked mamma and baba to let me stay at home as I don't want to study anymore but they just forced me to join an institute. I gave test for graphic designing as it's a practical subject. I think I can do better in practical subject! Theoretical subjects are not my cup of tea so I did not applied for medical field! I think I have blabbered enough! I'll keep quite now! Hehe!" Hana awkwardly laughed after explaining her reasons.

Rayaan was listening to hana with his full attention. He got a little shocked with all this talking and hana's thoughts but he did not say anything. He just nodded and went back to eating.

After food, all of the family went back in living room for some more talking. Everyone was talking with each other and they asked Rayaan a lot of questions. Hana was just sitting on the armrest of one of the sofas beside her father. She felt left out so she excused herself and retired for the night. She went in her room and decided to read another novel so remove her loneliness. She again remained awake till late at night.

When the morning came, sugar pot was again empty but the females of the villa decided to ignore it as they thought that atleast nothing else ever got stolen so they never complaint about it. They did told this sugar incident to Dadi jaan at the breakfast table. Rayaan was confused as he did not know what they were talking about.