Chapter 22

Rayaan's POV

We came back and decided to get ready. Everyone went to take shower but it will taking a lot of time if we go by turns so I told them to use the girls showers. Only Zarmeena's shower was not used as she does not have a brother and I will never allow my cousins in any of the girls' shower or room. So, I told them that Zamid and Zayn will use Hana's shower while Daniyal and I'll use Samman's shower and all the other showers can be used by the boys. There are some guestrooms also with private bathrooms so everyone took shower and dressed up in own kurta's and Shalwar. I wore my watch and put some deodorant and brushed my hair after using some gel. I got ready in no time and Zamid was also ready by then. Both of us just looked at each other and smirked. We sat on Zayn's bed as all of the boys were gonna get ready here and we decided to just look at them.

I always thought that girls take longer but it is different in this household I think. I and Zamid always had this inside joke and we always enjoyed looking at our cousins when they get ready.

"Hey! Rayaan Yar listen!" Suddenly Zamid addressed me with unusual seriousness. He was never the serious one between us two as we are really close to each other. We have a common group of friends and we have been best friends since childhood. He is only 7 months younger than me so we are really close. We were the first and then Zayn was born after only a year of Zamid. We three are very close but I and Zamid are even closer.

"Yeah!?" I asked him. I think I know where this is going. It has something to do with his bride, Zeenia!

"I was meaning to ask this for a while now but- Anyways, tell me, why did you reject zeenia's proposal? Why did you tell them to marry me to her instead of yourself? She is a nice girl and I feel like I am betraying you! She was suppose to be yours! I don't know yar but it's so frustrating!" Zamid said with concern and worried expression on his face. I was startled that he can think something like that! How can he think that he is betraying me!

"Listen! I am shocked that you are thinking like that but know one thing, If Allah had made Zeenia for me then why would she be married to you! She was already written in your destiny so never question that. Or rahi baat k menay kyun reject kiya tou it was only for you!" I said to him and even scolded him for his stupid thoughts. I think he is getting a little nervous because of the new relationship but it's common.

"What!?" Zamid asked in a shocked tone.

"What what?" I asked even though I know what he is asking about.

"I mean what do said earlier that you rejected the proposal for me! I am asking what do you mean by that?" Zamid asked with shock written all over his face. At this, I chuckled.

"You thought that I will not notice your interest in Zeenia when the proposal came! And then you were the one who told me that you saw a girl coming out of hana's campus building and you never talk about girl! It was enough give away of your interest and then when Zeenia's family told us that she had also done BS Graphics from the same university as hana and you were the only one who did not react in anyway! It was as if you already knew that she was in the same university so I put two and two and Bingo!" I explained this to Zamid with a smirk. He was looking a little embarrassed so I added.

"Beta I am still older than you and your tiny brain has still not developed yet so, no need to think this hard! I am still your elder!" I taunted with a big grin to which he retorted with an annoyed and irritated look on his face. I laughed out loud at his expression.

"Kiya baat hai! What's wrong with you! Have you finally cracked Bhai!" Zaroon, my second Phuppo's only son asked. All of my cousins are 4 to 5 years younger than me except Zamid, Zayn and Hana.

"Nothing is wrong. We were just joking around about you guys! We thought girls take longer but NO! You guys are worse than them as I just received Mama's text that all of the girls are ready and we should come to pick them up. I don't know how much longer will it take for you guys to get ready!" Zamid replied instead to Zaroon and addressed all of them indirectly.

"Haan Haan! Ap tou ye kahain gay hi! You are now not single anymore na! We need to look good so that at least we can get in some aunty's good books and then maybe she can ask about us singles marriages too na! You know, marriages are the best time when mothers search for suitable grooms or brides for their children so we will definitely take time!" Zaroon replied with defiance and this made all the other boys to start loudly agreeing with him. I laughed at this and all of the others also started chuckling too.

The boys decided to hurry and some of us went to pick the females and some went to the lawn where the function is going to take place. Only family and close family friends are invited in todays' function so there was no separation for males and females. As all of us know each other very closely so there was no need of separation.

........................

Vote and Comment please! Love you all!