Chapter 12

The next morning, Hana woke up early for Sehri. She woke up at around 3am and went down. No one was up other than her mother, Tayis and the maids. She said Salaam and helped them in the kitchen. After the Sehri was ready, her Badhi Tayi told her to wake everyone up and call them down for Sehri. Hana nodded and went to her Dado's room first to wake her up.

Her Dado and badhay Taya had rooms downstairs while all the other family members had rooms upstairs. She knocked on her dado's door and waited. After a minute, she knocked again and heard shuffling from the other side. The door was opened by a sleepy Dado.

"Dado, Sehri tyaar h! Tayi jaan nay kaha h k me ap ko jaga dn!" Hana said softly to her dado with a gentle smile.

"Okay! I am coming!" Her dado said without any smile or softness. After saying that, she shut the door on hana's face. Hana did not mind that and went next to her Taya's room. She knocked and on the fourth time, the door opened and she informed her Badhay taya about Sehri.

"Okay beta! I'll be there in 5 minutes!" Her taya replied in a gentle voice and went to the bathroom. Hana next went upstairs to her father's room and knocked. In the first knock, she heard shuffling so she said in a loud voice from the other side of the door:

"Sehri is ready Baba!" Hana said and when she heard a reply then she went to the next person to wake.

She next went to Daniyal's room and knocked very loudly. There was no reply on even the fourth reply so she banged the door very loudly and hollered at the top of her voice:

"SEHRI IS READY! Dani bhai! I'll eat your food if you will not wake up now!" Hana shouted. Her shout was not that loud to wake everyone but the threat was enough for Daniyal to wake up.

"I am up! I am up! Geez aurat! Subah Subah mood kharab kr diya apni Chawal avaaz say!" daniyal shouted from the other side of the door. Hana stuck her tongue out at the closed door.

"You ho gay Aurat! Me to nhi hn! Pagal ko itna b nhi pata k meri abhi shadi nhi hui tou phir me Aurat kesay hui! Aye Barhay BHAI kahi k! common sense ka tou naam hi nhi h! Hunh!" hana muttered and went to all the other rooms.

She got the similar reactions from everyone and every-time she stuck her tongue out at the closed door. Only Rayaan replied without any rude remark for Hana.

"Okay! I'll be there, you go ahead!" Rayaan replied. He did not opened the door as he was not wearing appropriate clothing and just replied from the other side of the closed door.

Next, she went to her Zamid Bhai's room and he opened the door at the first knock.

"What do you want?" Zamid asked in a rude manner. He was in shorts and a t-shirt with rough hair. Hana got hurt at his harsh words.

"Wo Bhai jaan....Wo!" Hana stuttered. This annoyed Zamid a lot.

"WHAT!" He harshly shouted at hana. Hana flinched at the loud voice and became scared.

"Wo Mamma Sehri k liye bula rahi hain!" hana hurriedly said. She only got a loud band as an answer as Zamid shut the door very forcefully on Hana's face. Hana again flinched and backed away.

Hana first calmed her fast beating heart and cleaned the sweat from her forehead with her hijab. She next went to Zayn's room and knocked. He opened the room and groggily asked hana the reason for interrupting his 'Beauty Sleep'.

Hana giggled at this and informed that Sehri is ready. Zayn groaned and moodily said that he is coming and went back to his room. Hana went back downstairs and informed her mother that everyone is coming.

They set the table next and then waited for everyone. When everyone came, they had Sehri with light chit-chat. Of course, excluding Hana! After Sehri, everyone got ready for Namaz. After namaz, they went back to their rooms for some more sleep.