Chapter 16. Baffoon

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Who was it so early in the morning?!

I picked up the call and saw the caller ID. It was so blurry. I rubbed my eyes to get a clear image.

Nikhil? Why was he calling me at 4 am? Wasn't his life precious to him? I pressed the green icon.

"Hel-"

"Do you have a death wish?" I shouted.

"Ouch. My ears. Good morning sunshine," he said and I groaned.

"Do you know what time it is? I shouldn't have given you my number in the first place," I complained.

"I am not sorry. You free this Saturday?"

"You could have asked that later too. Why disturb my beauty sleep?!" I yelled.

"I am going to this newly opened club tonight. Wanna tag along?"

I cut the call. He called me to ask that? Idiot. I went back to my sleep but I couldn't sleep anymore. I got up and decided to go for a walk. If I saw him today, I was going to kill him.

My parents were still asleep, so I locked the house and stretched my arms. I went to the park and some people who I thought were vampires in real life did some complex exercises. How can you wake up so early? Sun wasn't even up yet. I yawned and started my second round around the park.

×~×

"Didn't know zombies went to college too," Nikhil commented and I glared at him.

"It's all your fault," I hissed. He put up his hands in surrender.

"I couldn't sleep back because of you," I accused and he started laughing.

"Dreamed of me so much that you couldn't sleep?" He smirked and I slapped his shoulder. Ved was quietly observing us. How hadn't he said anything insulting yet?

"This look suits you," Ved commented. He just can't keep his mouth shut, can he?

"Thank you," I said mockingly and he rolled his eyes. Ayush soon arrived and did a double take when he saw me.

Did I look that bad? I checked my reflection in the mobile camera. I scrunched my face. My eyes were bloodshot like I was drunk and had dark circles. Just one day I didn't sleep properly, and my skin betrayed me.

The guys went to their seats as the lecturer arrived. Surbhi told me she wouldn't be able to attend college today. She had to help her Mom in her office. Parth was busy talking with his other friends.

I was bored already. Mehta sir scolded me when I kept yawning in his lecture. The other lectures were the same. I tried to focus but I was failing at it badly.

×~×

"Ouch!" I bumped into someone.

"I am sorry. Wasn't looking," I apologized and saw Mahek rubbing her arm.

She nodded her head and left. I should stop sleepwalking before I found myself under a truck. I stretched my body and went to the library. Just 40 minutes till lunch break.

I opened up a book and began reading. I tried but after sometime, my head hit the book. Yesterday was already tiring and thanks to Nikhil, I woke up far early than my regular time.

"Hey! Wake up." I stirred and saw Shreyas looking down at me. I blinked and looked around me. Where was I? I rubbed my eyes and focused my vision.

I was in college. I fell asleep I guess.

"You have been asleep for one hour now. The librarian told me to wake you up," he said and I nodded my head.