Chapter 104. Surprise

"Is anybody home?"

"Sahil?"

"Wassup?"

I jumped up from the sofa and planted myself in front of my friend, who was standing in my door and finally felt like gracing me with his presence. Sahil opened his arms for me, and I hugged him, thanking him for paying me a visit.

"I am sorry I couldn't come earlier. I wish I lived in the same city. You are okay, right?" He broke the hug and pouted.

"I am fine." I twirled around, and he chuckled when I complained about not bringing Gauri too.

"She sent her wishes; she had to leave for her village due to some emergency."

I nodded and guided him inside the living room. I yelled that Sahil was here, and Mom came out of the kitchen, and Dad also arrived after some time as he was busy drying clothes on the terrace.

"Nice to meet you, Sahil," Dad said and shook Sahil's hand.

Mom also greeted him and told him to take a seat while she prepared some refreshments for all of us. Sahil smiled at my parents and sat down beside me on the couch. He took out a small rose pink box from his jacket and handed it to me.

"One more gift?" I giggled.

I opened the box, and my eyes almost popped out when I saw an elegant platinum ring staring back at me. A small black pearl was proudly sitting in the middle of the jewelry and shining just like the person who gave me the expensive gift.

 A small black pearl was proudly sitting in the middle of the jewelry and shining just like the person who gave me the expensive gift

"Isn't that Platinum? Just how rich are you, lad?" Dad commented and examined the ring.

"Not that much." Sahil smiled.

"Aah... You are just being humble. But this is actually very expensive, beta," Dad said.

"I am her friend, Uncle."

Dad nodded and gave the ring back to me. He excused himself when Mom called for him, leaving me and Sahil alone. I thanked him for the gift and put the box carefully on the table. Mom gave us our refreshments and left us to spend some time together.

"So... what's going on in your life?" Sahil asked.

"Other than sleeping all day and watching movies, nothing else." I grinned.

"Nothing else?"

"Yup."

"You are hiding something. Come on, tell me before I have to bribe you into doing so."

"Hehehe, you know me so well, don't you? Well, first of all, I got into the junior volleyball team, participated in the Inter College Sports Tournament, and... finally I have a guy I like."

Sahil was nodding with a smile, but when he heard the last part of my sentence, he narrowed his eyes and shot me a confused look. "Guy you like?"