Chapter 75. Natural Heater

Returning to college was no fun. By the looks of it, every first year student was still suffering from the trip hangover. That's why today, instead of rushing to their classes, everyone was either hanging around in the canteen or bunking by not coming at all.

I also wanted to do the same, but Mehta Sir had texted everyone that he had a very big announcement to make. Whatever he had to say would greatly affect our internal marks, so we had to attend the lectures.

If that surprise wasn't enough, I got one more shock yesterday. After visiting Rajeev's gym and quarrelling with Ved, I paid a visit to Faiyaz's (Rashi's boyfriend) house. I met his mom and waited for Zoya to return from her evening classes.

But when she came back home, I saw Katherine with her. I was going to ask Zoya what she was doing with Ishaan bhaiyya's girlfriend (Ishaan is Rashi's brother) but realised that she wasn't aware of the whole situation.

So, I kept my mouth shut and acted like I didn't know anything. But Katherine was looking at me curiously, and I doubted that she had something going on in her mind.

When I asked Zoya about it after Katherine left, she informed me that she met that girl one day outside her school by coincidence, and Zoya herself recognised her. That's how they became acquainted and have been meeting each other frequently.

Really suspicious.

"Down to Earth, Sandhya." Parth patted my shoulder and handed me my third cup of tea. It was freezing cold and Chaiwale bhaiyya (teaseller) was selling hot drinks at a lower price.

"Thanks," I replied and took a sip.

"Why were you zoning out? Don't tell me you were revising your notes in your mind." He widened his eyes.

"You should work on your jokes, Parth. They are getting lamer day by day," I teased.

"But seriously, what were you thinking about so intently?" Surbhi asked.

"Random stuff."

"Does that random stuff have a name? Something like Priyaank?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

I glared at her. "Shut up."

"Are you going to confess to him?" Parth asked with a worried look.

"I am not sure yet." I shook my head.

As I had expected, Surbhi told Parth about my new crush and they had a very good time making a laughing stock out of me. Just like my female bestie, Parth wasn't excited about it; he told me that I shouldn't think about it too much.

I didn't understand why my best friends were waving it off like nothing. After arguing with them for quite a good time, all of us walked toward our classroom where Mehta Sir was already waiting for us with a huge evil grin on his face.

"Is everyone here?" he asked and when he got a satisfactory response, he told us to prepare ourselves for the surprise.

Don't tell me it was going to be a mock quiz again.

"No, Miss Sandhya Rai, it is not a mock quiz," he announced, making other students laugh out loud. "But something that will decide the majority of your Physics internal marks."

A loud wave of 'What?' traveled through the students. I exchanged a curious glance with Surbhi who looked like a ghost on hearing that. Mehta Sir laughed like Mogambo (a veteran villain from an Indian movie, Mr. India) when my classmates began complaining without hearing the whole thing.

"Calm down, kids. First listen to what I have to say." He managed to silence the class and continued. "As you all know that your Physics professor is on a maternal leave, so she won't be able to attend college. So to save time and avoid your study loss, I will be your substitute teacher for Physics and-"