Cheese Toastie

Matt
I open my eyes and look to my tv, finding the credits slowly scrolling across the screen. I must have fallen asleep and judging by the sound of Paige's soft snores, she fell asleep too. I turn my head to look at her and can't help but smile at her slightly open mouth. Slowly, I try to move my arm from under her head without waking her up, sliding out from under the array of blankets we had over us.

I change the tv to another film before making my way to the kitchen, seeking out bread and cheese. Most people's favourite meal's are something fancy like a steak and chips, but not Paige. Paige's favourite meal was something as simple as a grilled cheese. I got out the pan, attempting to make as little noise as possible and got to work. I go about making myself one whilst I'm at it and just pray she doesn't wake up until I'm done.

• Paige •
I feel a soft nudge in my side and my eyes open slightly.

"You fell asleep." I hear Matt say as I attempt to sit myself up, rubbing my eyes. I've never been a good napper. I always wake up feeling half dead with heavy limbs, and Matt especially knows I'm usually not in a great mood either.

"Did I miss the film?" I ask, looking to the tv to find a different movie playing.

"We both did, I fell asleep with you." I crack a smile at that, it's not often Matt falls asleep with me, but the thought I'd managed to pull him down with me this time gave me a warm feeling in my stomach.

I noticed he was stood with one arm behind his back and I raised an eyebrow at it. He smiled back at me and brought his hand in front of him with a flourish. "Ta da!"

In his hand was a plate with a cheese toastie on it and I squealed. "Yes! Oh my God, yes. Thank you so much."

I took the plate from him and took a bite, the cheese stringing from my mouth the the toastie and I sighed in satisfaction, closing my eyes. Matt laughed at me and went into the kitchen, coming back with his own toastie.

Settling himself on the couch next to me, he threw an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer. I snuggled into his side and continued to eat, glancing up to catch him already looking at me.

He leaned forwards to give me a kiss on the forehead before shifting his gaze back to the tv. I smiled, content, thankful for Matt and his amazing toastie making skills.