Laundrette { Pt.2 }

(( The video will make sense in the 2nd part I couldn't help myself lmao ))

*

I see Andrew sat in his usual inconvenient middle chair of the laundrette and smile to myself, we've hung out plenty of times outside of the laundrette now, but seeing him here sat in that damn middle chair always makes me feel giddy for some reason. The money I'd pay to see him sat in an end chair, just once.

He looks up when the bell above the door rings and smiles brightly at me, his dirty blonde hair peaking out from under his beanie in the messy way it always does. His old checked vans looking tattered under the slightly flickering fluorescent lights.

"It's 2am." I say, walking over to my usual washer and beginning to shove my clothes into the circular basin.

"I know, that's why I figured you'd be here."

"I don't always come at strange times." I reply, indignantly, slamming my washer door and putting in my coins.

"No, not always. Just most of the time." He says with a smirk.

I notice we're the only two people here and make my way over to sit next to him on the shitty metal chairs. Resting my head on his shoulder, I sigh. "It just feels more exciting for me to be here at this time."

"I get that. But then how come you've been coming at more normal times recently?"

"Hoping you'd be there at the same time." I reply bluntly.

Out the corner of my eye I see him turn his head to look at me, a smile and a slight blush adorning his face. It's at that point a sudden thought occurs to me, my washer is the only one running.

"Where are your clothes?" I ask.

"I didn't bring any."

Now it was my turn to look at him. "So you're here..?"

"Waiting for you." He finishes for me.

We sit in silence, the sound of my clothes spinning in the water the only noise.

~*~

"I can't believe you've done this to me, Andrew."

I'm stood in Andrew's new apartment, watching as a man installs a brand new washing machine and dryer.

"Can you please just call me Andy, it's been 6 months."

"Your name is Andrew, so I will call you Andrew. Plus, I prefer it." I say shrugging. "Anyway, back to the issue at hand. How the fuck could you do this to me?"

"All I did was buy a washing machine." He responds, gesturing to the shiny white block.

"And a dryer. You even bought a dryer." I add, pointing a finger at him.

"Fine, yes, and a dryer. I don't see what the problem is."

"The problem, Andrew," he sighs whilst I pause, "is that you betrayed me. We were poor laundrette users together and now you've left me behind."

"Just because you use the laundrette doesn't mean you're poor."

"Why do you think I use a Laundrette? It certainly isn't because I enjoy hauling all my dirty clothes down the road in the middle of the night."

"You can use my washer." He offers.

"That won't work." I reply instantly.

"Why not?" He questions.