Chapter 4

It seemed the road to the royal palace was quite far, so halfway Leo suddenly conjured a horse drawn carriage and ordered one of the soldiers to drive it

It seemed the road to the royal palace was quite far, so halfway Leo suddenly conjured a horse drawn carriage and ordered one of the soldiers to drive it. He opened the door and as he let his hand out for mine, asked "Hey, you wanna get in too, Lette?"

"Sure, seems better than walking." I answered as I took his hand and got on. We were seated opposite of each other and the carriage started to move. Whenever I looked at Leo's face he was either staring at me with a cheeky grin or looking out the window with a disinterested expression.

Leo seemed to be a very confusing person, and what I could guess is Leo really enjoys messing with people to get a interesting outcome. I think Leo and I are a bit similar in that aspect, sorry new dad and Winchesters.

"Hey. Are you a reincarnated other worlder?" Leo asked me with a smile on his face as we neared the capital, which held the royal palace. "I guess you can tell, since you're a magic user." I said with a relaxing smile as I stared out to the city.

"Lucky you, you got to be reincarnated as a pretty girl." Leo replied with a smirk. I sighed a smile, "I think I'm lucky for having an interesting life now." He looked a bit confused by my statement and asked, "Was your previous life boring?"

"Unbelievably so, never did I get a single moment of rest or time to do something fun. It was unbelievably tiring, not fun or interesting like now." I said happily. He held up his face with the back of his hand as he leaned towards the window. "Must've been pretty hard for ya." He said casually. The world looked very pretty at that moment, the slow burn of the day ending and the sunset looming over the carriage and Leo's face. Both the carriage and Leo were covered in the warm red and yellow light of the ending sunset.

"What's your favorite season, Leo? Mine's fall." I asked happily. His eyes turned to me, but he barely moved his body. "Spring." He answered dully, and without his normal smirk. A small smile appeared on my face.

"Why spring?" I asked calmly. He slowly looked towards the open sky, "it reminds me of my mother." I couldn't even remember my mother, she died when I was six. I only have brief memories of her. My aunt usually took care of us. "What's your mother's name?" I asked. "Ambrosia." Leo answered. What a pretty name...

My eyes were starting to get blurry and my vision started to slowly turn black. My last clear image was of Leo smiling at me.

Collette Josephine Blanche is an absolute horrible person. Even though I didn't even want to be taken by the second prince, her fiancé, she accused me of being a man stealer. Not only that but Collette would throw insults at me every time we crossed paths, even when I tried to avoid her. It was highly irritating. I wish I could just go back home to grandmother with her brewing and magic spells.

Since I was now in the Mardu Academy meant for the rich, I had to see her face every day! You know I tried giving her a chance because she had my mother's first name and same curly blonde hair, but she immediately insulted my mother by calling her, 'disgusting!'