Chapter 5

(This chapter is a flashback chapter including details from Collette's life before she had the spirit of Sakuya Itsumi become her, and Leo's perspective through the past when Collette was the bully. So this is important Kay) 

         Today was a very important day

         Today was a very important day. I had escaped my house and father, of course I would go back eventually but today I would indulge myself in the wonders of commoners! Father always forbid me from even looking at a commoner because he thought they were 'disgusting!' and 'unbefitting' of a Noble to even look at. However being my curious self, I decided to escape my personal tutor and father for the day to investigate! 

       I was already out of the mansion and hiding in the nearby forestry looking out to the village nearest to us. I think the village was called Thornstone Village or something like that. I never knew much about the surrounding villages since father was strict about that too. 

      I kept my eyes locked on the commoners going about their daily routines, too afraid to actually talk to one of them. Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder from behind me. I frantically looked behind me and ran a few paces away from them. It was a young boy, around my age. He had jet black hair and bright green eyes. How pretty. 

      "W-Who are you!?" I loudly asked the boy. The boy's face tilted for a moment as he thought, and then he replied, "Shouldn't I be asking you that? I mean you're creepily watching the townspeople." Well, I guess he's right but! Does this boy not know who I am?! He must be a naive commoner, I can't blame him. 

      "Answer my question! Do not evade it with your judgements!" I yelled demandingly. He sighed, "I am Leo, you do not need to know anything else." I stared at his disinterested face and smiled. "I'm Collette! You can call me Lette, how about we become friends?" I exclaimed happily jumping closer to him. 

       "Eh? Be friends with you?" He continued, "I guess it's fine." Smiling, I grabbed his hand and said, "Then, show me around your town!" Leo looked at our hands for a moment and replied, "Okay I guess, but if I'm showing you around. Shouldn't I be holding your hand?" I jerked my hand away from his and quietly muttered, "Yeah, you're right..." 

     He looked a bit apathetic as he stared down at me. I anxiously avoided his gaze, did he think I was immature? Leo smiled and quickly took my hand as he gently pulled me out to the sunny town. "Let's go then," he said with a smirk. It was summer so I should've probably expected the hot temperature. But it felt very welcoming and fresh. 

      He guided me around the seaside town and showed me the beaches, stores, town square, marketplace, and public garden. They were all a bit shabby except for the beach, but it was an enjoyable experience. It seemed to be a very wonderful town. 

     "Anyway, are you visiting this town for some reason. You look like your family's rich." Leo asked curiously. I looked up at the clear blue sky, "Not really visiting. My family's the duke house around here." His eyes widened and he yelled, "How old are you?!" I was taken aback by his sudden yelling but I composed myself enough to reply, "uh seven..?"