Chapter 12

"Amazing, So even ordinary people can use fire magic!" Cornia yelled as she scribbled down some notes

       "Amazing, So even ordinary people can use fire magic!" Cornia yelled as she scribbled down some notes. "Of course! I saw everyday people cooking an open fire with their magic! It was incredible since in Mardu fire magic is so hard to achieve for a magic-user!!"  I yelled excitedly.  "Hm...What about Leo?" Cornia said as she turned her head to him. Leo stared at her dumbfounded, with piles of food in his hands and mouth. "....L-leo.," Cornia muttered, "...LET ME HAVE SOME TOO!" Cornia jumped at Leo and grabbed some of his food, as she stuffed it in her mouth. I quickly walked up to Leo and also stole his food. "Hey! Cornia stop!" Leo desperately exclaimed as he pushed Cornia away. 

      "I BOUGHT IT DONT STEAL WITHOUT PERMISSION, YOU CRIMINAL!!" he yelled in despair as Cornia gulped down his food. "Eh?" Cornia looked back. Leo slowly cried in a corner, eating his food. "The taste of Cairii food seems to be very unique, right? I mean it does taste delicious but, it's very different." I commented, "That would be because of our different cultures, right?" 

    "Well, yeah," Leo muttered. Jack slowly looked at his golden stopwatch then at us. "Hey, can we move on?" He asked annoyed. Cornia immediately ran to his side and tried to stand as straight as possible.  "Indeed! We should get going now!" she yelled proudly. 

      "What do we have next?" I asked. "The emperor wants us to make sure his sons don't feel lonely while we're here so, we should start on that, now that our first step is finished," Jack said as he walked away. "So, just be companions of the princes? When we haven't even met them?" Leo asked confused. "We'll meet them very soon," Cornia uttered as she followed Jack. "Maybe we should follow them?" I asked Leo. "Yeah, we probably should." 

      We followed Cornia and Jack as they went through many rooms, asking around and finally we were just outside a door. "This is where the princes are, or at least that's what the emperor said. " Cornia added. Well, I already met one of them, so I guess meeting two won't be bad. The entrance had two big double doors, engraved with carvings of flowers and waterfalls. It was very pretty yet simple in the extravagant golden palace. 

       Cornia raised her hand to the door and the door slowly opened by itself. The room was a gigantic bedroom, it had a lovely blue canopy bed and white wood furniture, there was a balcony identical to mine and a mirror in the far corner of the room. Inside the covers was a girl, the blankets covered her face, but she had her messy yet long blonde hair sprawled on the pillows. It looked like she was sleeping. 

       "Oi, Cornia who dat?" Leo whispered, referring to the girl. "That is frail princess Mao Cairii," Jack muttered. The princess!? I stared back at her. Her hair was a familiar blonde though it was a bit curly and messy. To be honest, her hair kind of reminded me of my own lol. 

        "Who are you, people?" A commanding male voice asked. I turned towards the sudden voice and saw a tall figure. He was probably just a little taller than Leo in height. He had silky blonde hair and green eyes. It must be Kso! His eyes look different than Tso's though, his eyes look very cold. His eyes wandered to me and suddenly widened. "W-wha-" He muttered.