Chapter 16

"Do you enjoy apricots?" A voice asked

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

      "Do you enjoy apricots?" A voice asked. It was the same mysterious voice as before. "No, why would I?" I told it. "Bye, Bye." The voice said. You didn't answer my question. Again.

I wanted to sleep, however for some reason I also wanted to wake up. It was a strange feeling, like I was in a limbo between those feelings. A long time ago, I had a crush. I was around 5-6. He wasn't cool, he wasn't rich, and he wasn't very friendly. He was a bit cold, and unrefined. His name was Souta. He wore glass framed glasses, and had get black hair. Like an icy prince he stayed silent. He had a pretty face, but that wasn't the reason I liked him.
Most girls said that glasses were the main flaw of him. But...they were wrong. I liked Souta because of his glasses. So I started to actively try and get glasses, thankfully it worked. Please don't try this at home, kids. Wait, why am I thinking about this? Isn't there something important I have in my life? Ugh, can't remember.
"....of course...I promise.."
Did I say that? I don't remember. "What's your favorite season, mines autumn!" I don't remember saying that either.
Hmm....this pitch darkness isn't really helping much. Maybe if I can just open it..
I reached out my hand, and slowly jerked open something. It was like light suddenly flooded in. It was blinding. My eyes hurt as I stared up at it, like someone just stabbed me. I shut my eyes tight and tears started flowing down..because of it.
"AHHH!" I yelled. Suddenly the light started to slowly fade and objects could finally be seen. A bedroom? Oh....oh.....OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I REMEMBER!! Are Willow and Cassandra alive?! I shot up into a sitting position. "I need to get to them!" I muttered as I pushed my blankets away.
Willow and Cassandra must be alive!! Ugh. Something's grabbed my neck. I slowly turned. It's him. My magic come for my life today. DARNIT, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!! Why do bad things keep happening!? I slapped the disfigured man's hands and he slowly disappeared. I got up from my bed and ran towards the double doors. Just as I was about to get the handle, the doors opened.
Willow looked at me, amazed. She then put her hands to her mouth and cringed her eyes. Soft tears fell. "L-Lette..." she whispered, her voice hoarse. Ah, I can't imagine this girl putting any one to death~ I jumped to her and hugged her tightly. "Y-your awake...-," She sniffled, "Lette...."
"Why are you crying? Are you that sad I'm awake?" I asked jokingly. Willow cried even harder. Ahh. "No!! Your wrong!! I was so happy, because it's been three days since you fell asleep...!!!" She yelled, taking out a handkerchief to blow on. I patted her head. "There there, Tree."
"Is Cassandra well?" I asked her. "She was furious when she learned what you d-did. She'll probably yell at you, when you see h-her." Willow said wiping her tears. "Ah~ that's just like her." I said. Willow sniffed one last time and grabbed my hand. "Let's go see her!" She yelled determined as she gently dragged me out of my room. Ah..Willow's hair grew longer, now it was up to her shoulders. Before it was a bit shorter than that. Sorry, for worrying you, Willow..

     "Grandmother!!" Willow yelled as she slammed open the doors to a room in the palace. "My gosh, Willow! What is-," Cassandra yelled. "Ah-," she stared wide eyed at me. Her figure hadn't changed from the witch I had met in the forest years ago. She walked right up to me, and touched my cheeks with both of her hands. She looked lovingly at me, with tears in her eyes. "Ca-" I was about to say, before she slapped me! She slapped me straight in the face. Others in the room, Willow, Leo, and Quinn stared in shock. I looked at her face, it looked hurt. A dreadful, pained look. "Don't ever do that again." She said, her eyes strict. "Yes." I replied faintly.
      Well, I should've expected this. I mean Willow did say she was mad with me. "Grandmother! Lette just woke up!!" Willow yelled coming to my side again. "I'm sorry for worrying you two." I muttered. Cassandra's tears welled up inside her eyes and softly poured down. "Cassandra..-,"
        "Don't call me that. I'm your family aren't I?" Cassandra asked as she wiped her tears in an apathetic way. I stared at her my eyes wide. Ah...I was there family. Of course...I was.
         Tears fell down my tired eyes, and I said with full sincerity, "Grandmother..." Grandmother embraced me tightly and patted my head slowly. She then let go for a moment to hug Willow along with me. Yes, I have a family here. A family that loves me. A family that would refuse to let me go, for family reasons, not to capitalize me. Ah....it's just like them. But they're not my world anymore. That place isn't my world anymore. Endo, Kaoru, Aunt, Father, Mother, aren't with me anymore. They aren't mine anymore. Father's warm office, mother's nagging, Aunt's delicious cooking, Endo's drawings, Kaoru's mischievous smile, aren't mine any more. They aren't related to me.
     Ah....I realized it so late. I saw them, they were waving at me sadly, behind everyone. As they slowly chipped away, I smiled as I shed a tear. Goodbye, thank you for taking care of me.

      I hugged Willow and Grandmother tighter. I have my family now! I'm alive! I can't wait to live!

        "Are you sure you'll be okay, Lette?" Willow asked looking worried. She cut her hair. "I'm fine, you needn't worry." I replied. "Okay, if your sure..." she said. Yes, I will be returning to school. After some doctor visits, I learned I was physically fine! So, off to school! I can't wait to learn!! It's been a while since I've said that, wow. I was in my green uniform. Ahhh~ I feel like I haven't been in it for a while!!
     "Oh Willow! Does my hair look okay?" I asked her. I was a bit nervous how people would react to me suddenly coming back. "You look stunning, Lette!" She said happily. "Is that so." I muttered. My hair is usually horribly messy, I guess I'm lucky today. No, I can't trust Willow! She's too nice to tell me the truth!!

     We walked up the walkway to the entrance and I saw everything, normal. Ah, no sandy hills, or dying loved ones!! I think I'm in love with it!! Willow and I chatted as we got nearer and nearer to the entrance. We decided to go home and have some vacation time with Cassandra after a month. "Ah! Lette, watch out!" Willow yelled. "Hm? What's wrong?" I asked. Pshhhhh I bumped into someone's back. I looked up, ugh tall again. Why is everyone so tall?? "AH! I'm so sorry!" I yelled apologetic. He turned around to me. Blonde hair, and violet eyes, he was beautiful. Maybe even more than any of the people I've seen, Collette included. A smile appeared on his face. "Hello. Miss Blanche." He said. Ah, the voice

It's the same as the one before. (Referring to the voice who asked "do you like apricots and said, "what a sad life you live)

I Refuse to Live a Dull Life This Time! Wattys 2019जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें