Chapter 4: Flowers

"Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as men or animals. Some seem to smile; some have a sad expression; some are pensive and diffident; others again are plain, honest and upright, like the broad-faced sunflower and the hollyhock." ~Henry Ward Beecher, Star Papers: A Discourse of Flowers

"The flower is the poetry of reproduction. It is an example of the eternal seductiveness of life." ~Jean Giraudoux  

Sabrina's P.O.V.

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since Kendall mated and marked me as his! Things have been going great for me. However, during my time here, I saw just how frightening Alpha Theo can be. Just two days ago he took on four huge rouge wolves by snapping their necks in one go. It's going to be flipping hard finding someone for him. Unless there is a girl out there who can tolerate his violent side, I'm at a dead-end here.

"Sabrina where are you going?" Kendall asked me wrapping his arms around my waist as he nuzzled my neck making me give out a small giggle.

"I'm going to visit my mother and father but first I need to stop by the flower shop. Mom just loves her flowers so I thought it is good to give her fresh new ones." I said unwrapping his arms around me which made him whimper.

"Let me come with you. I like to meet you, parents."

I smiled. "No. Not yet. I want you to meet them next time. I want everything to be perfect."

I could see him now starting to pout. I rolled my eyes. Wow, Alpha Theo was right, my mate can be a proud sissy at times. I like to know how they became such best friends.

Giving Kendall a peck on the lips I waved goodbye to him walking out to my car my 2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class. God, I love my car so much! I can understand why most guys take pride in them. But then again most men love their cars a bit too much. I had Kendall pick it up for me back at my old pack.

After driving around town I found a really cute flower shop. There were so many different flowers. Even ones I've never seen before. My mother would love it here so much she'd stay for hours.

"Hello there, how may I help you?" A very gentle and sweet voice spoke out. I turned around to see a young woman who looked to be the same age as me. And wow she was beautiful! Such long wavy light brown hair with cute shirt bangs. Her eyes light brown with lips that are light pink. She even had this warm motherly feeling to her. But that smile was even more beautiful.

"Um...yes I was just looking for some flowers for my mom." Why the hell am I nervous all a sudden?

"Oh? What kind of flowers does your mother like?" She asked me.

"Well, I'm not sure. My mother loves all kinds of flowers. I don't even know why." I said looking at some red roses. The woman just giggled softly walking up to me.

"Did you know that each flower holds a meaning." She told me picking up a flower that I had no idea what was called.

"Like this Gardenia that I'm holding now. Gardenias symbolize purity and sweetness. They also indicate secret love. They tell the receiver you are lovely."

Wow. I can't believe that just one flower could mean something so beautiful. I even bet those who just buy flowers for loved ones don't even know that.

"What about that pinkish-yellow flower right there," I asked pointing to it.

"That's Alstroemeria. Hard to pronounce, but this flower is symbolic of wealth, prosperity and fortune. It is also the flower of friendship."

"You know your flowers huh?" Why the hell did I say that? She is a damn florist.

"I sure do. Flowers are very beautiful but frail like a person's life. Even if the flower withers away the memory and beauty of it will never die."

I could see so many emotions through her eyes when she said that. Something about her seemed special. Someone like her would be perfect though she's human.

"What's your favorite flower," I asked wanting to know for some reason.

"My favorite flower? Well, it would have to be the purple lilac. There are different colors of lilacs that hold a different meaning. White lilac symbolizes humility and innocence, field lilac symbolizes charity while my favorite the purple lilac symbolizes first love. There is also a short story about the lilac too. Would you like to hear it?"

I'm hooked on knowing more so I just nodded my head for her to continue.

"You see the story of lilac, according to Greek mythology, begins with a beautiful nymph named Syringa AKA lilac's botanical name. Captivated by her natural beauty, Pan, the god of the forests and fields, chased Syringa through the forest. Syringa was frightened by Pan's affections, so Syringa escaped him by turning herself into an aromatic bush. The flower we all now refer to as the lilac."

Hearing her finish that short but amazing story about just one flower, I knew that deep down something about this girl was very special. I smiled and asked her to give me each different flower to give to my mom. I paid her and left her a great tip. She gave me a card from the flower shop and left-back inside. Getting into my car I drove off to my mother.

"It's about time you got here." My mother told me with her right hand on her hip.

"Sorry I was busy learning something amazing," I told her handing her the flowers.

"What did you learn?" She asked taking the flowers away.

"I learned what all kinds of flowers mean." The look on my mother's face was filled with shock. I can take a picture of this and save it for later.

"Did you? Sabrina you never really been interested in flowers before."

"Well I met this girl who was about the same age as me and she's knowledgeable about all kinds of flowers."

"What was the girl's name? Did you ask?"

I facepalmed myself. Damn it how could I forget to ask her name!?

"I forgot to ask," I said not looking at my mother.

"Sabrina wats that card you have there in your hand." My mother pointed outputting the flowers in freshwater.

"Oh, this is the card she gave me. It's the name of the flower shop I was at."

"Sabrina it looks like there is something written in the back of it. "

I turned the card around to see what it said and sure enough, it had the girls name on it. I read the card out so that my mother could hear.

"My name is Luna SilverHeart."

How did she know...? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forgot to: 

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

WITH LOVE : LittleCho107