Chapter 14: A New Mate Part 1

"The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open." 
― Chuck Palahniuk,

"Sometimes the slightest things change the directions of our lives, the merest breath of a circumstance, a random moment that connects like a meteorite striking the earth. Lives have swiveled and changed direction on the strength of a chance remark." 
― Bryce Courtenay

"Second chances come in a lifetime, but a third chance is a miracle you don't want to waste." ― LittleCho107

3rd Person's P.O.V.

Everything was dead silent. So silent that you could hear a pin drop of the floor and it would be the loudest thing you would hear. All eyes were on Alpha Theo who had come back dealing with a pup who got lost and Luna who everyone was expecting for the party. Theo's eyes landed on Kendall's who was still on the ground from bumping into Theo.

"What is going on Kendall? I thought I had told you to take all this down."

Kendall got up dusting his butt off as his eyes landed on Luna for a brief moment. A dark growl erupted from Theo causing Kendall to look at Theo.

"I'm sorry about not taking it down, but this is a welcome party to welcome our new member Luna."

Theo's eyes never left Kendall's. Alpha Theo was beyond angry that no one followed his orders.

"I told you all to take it down! I can see no one wants to respect my orders."

Luna was surprised to see how fast Theo changed into calm and loving to completely scary and deadly. It was as if he was a completely different person in her eyes. Deep down it scared her. Luna felt something dark within Theo, but could tell what it was nor did she ever want to know.

"Alpha, please. We just wanted to give a warm welcome to Luna." Austin spoke up taking a stand next to Kendall to give him a hand. However, this did not go so well with Theo. One second was all it took for Theo to grab Austin by the neck slamming him straight to the wall. Theo's eyes were black with rage. Austin gasped out trying to breath getting out of Theo's stronghold.

Clover gasped at the sight of seeing her mate in danger but was too afraid to move and help Austin. Theo gave off a very powerful aura frightening everyone.

Kendall grabbed Theo's arm trying to get him to release Austin. Austin was close to passing out from the lack of air. Austin's eyes landed on Clover's fearing that it could be the last he ever sees her.

No matter how much Kendall tried to get Theo to release him his grip got stronger. Sabrina tried to help while the other girls cowered in fear. Lily ran upstairs scared for her little life leaving Luna to witness such horror.

Without thinking Luna's body moved on its own running up to Theo embracing Theo from behind holding tight. She felt his body tense from the contact though she kept on.

"Theo please release him! I beg you don't kill him! I know deep down this can't be who you are! Where is that smile, I saw just minutes ago after meeting you in the wood? Please let him go..."

Luna's words held much sadness mixed with fear. Her voice was cracked as tears started to spill down her cheeks. Theo's eyes reverted to his normal hazel eyes Luna found beautiful. His body began to relax with Theo now loosening his grip on Austin's neck as he dropped to the ground breathing for dear life. Clover ran to Austin pulling him close to her trying to comfort him. Both Theo and Luna slid down to the floor, but caught everyone by surprise was how Theo turned his body around pulling Luna closer to him laying his forehead at the crook of her neck inhaling her scent calming down. Luna gently rubbed Theo's back. Her mind was focused on just keeping Theo calm for as long as she can. Kendall and Sabrina helped Austin to his feet with Clover's help. Luna Looked at Kendall giving him a look of telling everyone to leave for now. Kendall got the message leading everyone away.