Chapter 16 : Getting to know You

"We are great mysteries. No matter what we imagine we may know, even for all the facts we might gather, we don't know each other. Never do, probably never will. Our reputations depend on the opinions of the ill informed. We all have better moments than anybody ever knows, and so do all the others. We are, each one of us, books that are read by critics who only glanced at the chapter headings and the jacket flap. Each one of us is a secret, and on that basis we ought to treat each other with the deepest respect."  ---Garrison Keillor

*20 minutes before Luna walked in*

A soft knock at the door got Theo to snap out of his deep thoughts only to be greeted by his parents and some other woman whose demeanor did not sit well with him.

"Theo, I like to have a word with you." his father said taking a seat with his mother by his side. Theo had noticed that the mystery girl has not taken her eyes off him. In honesty, he had to suppress a growl from escaping his lips.

"What is it you want to talk about father?"

Christain cleared his throat to speak. "I like you to meet Aria. She's a warrior from the Blue Thorn Pack. I like you, Theo, to place her as Luna of this pack and your new mate."

Theo's eyes turned dark with anger. The nerve of his father for even suggesting such a thing. He took a look at Aria again and can only feel disgusted. Just by looking at her, Theo can tell she would not make for a great mother. Her eyes show she has a thirst for power. Theo had a hatred for she-wolves who only seeks power through ranks.

"She's a very strong warrior. A perfect match for you." his mother said in a desperate tone.

Stress was evident in his mother's eyes. Seeing his mother in such a state made him feel bad.

"I refuse to take this woman as my mate."

His father stood up. "Theo, I beg you to see reason. You already lost your first and second mate. Aria is a tough woman unlike the other too and will do her best in being a great mate and Luna."

"I don't like repeating myself father. I refuse and that's final!" Theo growled out his eyes turning gold indicating his wolf Midnight was ready to come out.

"Look here. I'm the best shot you're ever going to get." Aria said standing up.

Theo's eyes went back to her with his growl shaking the room. With one kick he destroyed the coffee table shattering it to pieces across the room.

"Watch your tone with me bitch! I am the alpha of this pack and you will show me your respect!" Theo shouted in his alpha voice.

Aria's eyes flashed with a hint of fear and she submitted to him keep quiet. Footsteps can be heard coming closer to the room. The door opens revealing Luna with a worried look on her face. Her light brown eyes scanned the room till her eyes landed on Theo.

"Who are you? How dare you let yourself in here." Christian asked.

Luna ignored him and headed straight to Theo's side. She cupped his cheek having him look into her eyes to calm down. Luna was glad that Theo didn't pull away, but instead, he leaned into her touch. She watched his eyes turn back to its normal color making her relieved. Theo was now calm. He pulled from her hands facing the other three who had shocked expressions written all over their faces.

"Son. Who is this woman?" His mother asked looking at Luna.

Before Theo could speak Luna spoke first.