Chapter 13: Unexpected Surprise

Some things are so unexpected that no one is prepared for them. -Leo Rosten

If you do not expect the unexpected you will not find it, for it is not to be reached by search or trail. - Heraclitus

Kendall's P.O.V.

After watching Theo leave to go and take care of some business that happens, I smiled turning back to everyone.

"Alright. Just because Theo told us to take down everything does not mean it's going to happen. Everyone is to finish up decorating for our special guest to arrive."

I could tell by the look on everyone's faces that they were all unsure. Who could blame them since Theo is one scary wolf you don't want to disobey in your lifetime.

"Kendall are you sure about this? Alpha Theo was not too fond of us doing this sort of thing." Daisy said one of my mates' close friends.

I looked at Sabrina for some help. Luckily Sabrina knew exactly what to do.

"Come on. If Kendall says it's all good then we should trust him. Kendall knows Alpha Theo better than any of us so let's give this a shot."

With just those small words everyone was back to set up for when Luna arrives. Thankfully not much was left to be done so now we all have to wait. Although I have to say that waiting sucks! The more one waits the more one gets too impatient.

I really hope Luna shows up or all this would have been for nothing.

"Babe are you okay?" Sabrina asked placing her hand on my shoulder feeling how tense I've become.

"Just worried. I really need this all to work out...Theo may not seem to show it, but not having a mate to love really is hurting him. He says he's fine, but I know the truth."

"You know Kendall. Theo is so lucky to have such a caring best friend like you by his side. Without you, I don't think anybody would ever want to have him for a leader. It's thanks to you that most of the pack can see Theo needs help."

I said it once and I'll say it again. Thank you so much moon goddess for giving me a mate like her. I leaned in giving Sabrina a soft kiss on the cheek thanking her. Now I don't feel as stressful as I did before. Hearing a knock at the door I rushed over as everyone else stayed put. Please let it be Luna! I opened the door only to be disappointed. There stood a well-dressed girl with radiant green eyes.

"Babe, who is it?" Sabrina asked looking over only to give out a silent growl. Followed by tsks by the other girls and pain look on Austin's face. What the hell is going on?

"Um hi. Can I help you? I asked.

"Sorry. My name is Clover. I'm part of the book club too."

I nodded letting her in only to be dragged away to the kitchen by my mate giving me a very serious look. I feel scared.

"Man, up to you sissy." Noah my wolf shouted.

Oh, he's one to talk! Noah is afraid of Winter my mate's wolf!

"Kendall stay clear of Clover. Back in my old pack, she's known as the pack's slut. She's also the girl Austin rejected."

Oh, so that's the girl? She doesn't seem to be all slutty like I've heard. Are we sure we are talking about the right girl?

"Let's just go with it for now Kendall. I rather not want to start up an argument with her."

Noah was right. But I am going to talk to her and Austin about this later. What I noticed is that this Clover girl had the same look in her eyes like Theo.

"Fine. I'll stay clear." I told her walking back to the living room seeing Clover sitting down her eyes looking at the floor in a sad manner. I turned to see Austin smiling talking to Catalina. Is he for real right now? I understand the rejected her but seeing her this way I can see she wants to be with him. You know what screw what Sabrina said about staying clear of her. I'm not going to let this slid. I walked up to Clover getting her attention. She looked at me holding back tears.

"Nice to meet you, Clover. My name is Kendall and I'm this pack's Beta." I smiled extending my arm out for her to shake.

"It's nice to meet you, Beta Kendall." She said taking my hand shaking it.

Just from shaking her hands I can feel all eyes burning the back of my head. I ever felt a death glare hitting me in Austin's direction. On how he's paying attention? Looks like when this day is over, I am going to kick his ass. Did he just reject her without giving her a second chance? This is just like Theo...no one gave him a chance. Poor girl.

"Kendall, what are you doing?" Alena asked me.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm talking to a friend who everyone seems to be ignoring?" My words were harsh and mainly directed to Austin.

Sabrina looked at me with somewhat of anger. Oh god, I'm so going to pay for this tonight. Moon goddess help me!

"This is on you. I have no say in saving you ass."

I ignored Noah.

"So, Clover. How do you like being in the book club?"

"I really don't have much to say since I only been to it once. I'm not really into this kind of thing, but my Alpha forced me too."

Well, at least she was honest. Though it sucks that dick bag alpha forced her to. So glad I got my mate out of there.

"Clover, why did you bring an umbrella with you when it's not raining?"

Clover looked at the umbrella smiling.

"A friend lent it to me when I got stuck in the rain. For some reason something to me to bring it along."

"Funny. I didn't know the slut had any friends." Baily rudely pointed out.

Why are my mate friends with such bitches!? Clover looked away ignoring the comment as if already used to this kind of treatment. Please Don't tell me Sabrina is not like them?

"Kendall. When did you say she was arriving?" Austin spoke out getting mine and Clover's attention.

"She should be here soon. I have her the address at the shop."

"Did you also put down your number?" He asked.

Number? Oh, shit I forgot to put down my number!! What the hell is wrong with me!?

"Lots of things. I just can't list them all. It will take days to get finished."

"Not helping Noah!" I shouted.

"I'll be right back everyone!" I rushed out of the living room opening the front door rushing out only to be stopped by a damn wall in the way.

Who the hell puts a wall in front of the door? Though it wasn't a wall I crashed into. It was a Theo looking at me annoyed.

"What is going on Kendall?"

I'm dead...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------