Chapter 8: Luna's P.O.V.

"A black cat among roses, phlox, lilac-misted under a quarter moon, the sweet smells of heliotrope and night-scented stock. The garden is very still. It is dazed with moonlight, contented with perfume..."- Amy Lowell

"Others said May was best, that sweet green time when lilacs bloomed and gardens along Main Street were filled with sugary pink peonies and Dutch tulips." - Alice Hoffman

"A lilac is pure like the heavens" - Me

Seeing the two men standing in front of me with such shocked expressions on their faces made me giggle a little. I could even tell that my giggled snapped them out of it with a cute hint of a blush that seems to come across both their cheeks. Here I go again. 

"You wanted to see me?" I asked. I wonder what they wanted. I just hope it's not to be asked out again like yesterday or the day before that. It gets in the way of me doing my work. All I want is to just focus on tending to the flowers.

"Oh, um right. My name is Kendall and this is my friend Austin. You see my girlfriend came here recently buying some flowers for her mom and she told me about you and how you know your flowers."

Oh, now I see. That girl is his girlfriend. Now that I have seen them both, they do make such a cute couple.

I smiled. "Linda told me that you needed my help?" I looked at Kendall to see him very nervous. Why does he look that way?

"Well...I don't need help but I came here to ask you something." He said in a low voice. Wow, this is the first time I have seen a man act this way.

"What is it that you wanted to ask me?"

"Sabrina my girlfriend wants to know if you like to join her book club. You know have like girl talk and stuff."

"How come?" I had to know the reason first. I'm not going to join anything without a good reason.

"Sabrina seems to have taken a liking to you and maybe become friends soon. That's only if you want to." 

The look of determination in his eyes seemed like he would not back down. It was almost as if something was at stake if I were to say no to him. Should I say yes or no? Well, it's not too hard to think about, what harm could happen.... wait better not jinx that.

"I love to join her book club. When is it?" Looks like my answer made both Kendall and Austin very happy.

"It's this Friday at 5 if that works with you?"

"That's no problem. Can I have the address."

Kendall wrote down the address handing it to me. I took the piece of paper in my pocket. This sounds like fun. I can't wait. I Have never been in a book club before. The only club I ever been to was the tennis club.

"Thanks so much. Well, we best get going now. See you there Luna." Before they left, I grabbed Austin's arm gently.

"Is something wrong," Austin asked confused.

"Just because someone has done you wrong does not mean they don't deserve a second chance," I said leaving him in wide eyes like I knew something in which I did. Just not the whole situation. I see many like him with eyes so lost. Watching them hop into their car driving away I sighed.

"My dear, what did you mean by telling him that?" Linda asking me rocking in her chair.

"It could tell by the look on his face and the pain in his eyes that someone who he wants to love did something to hurt him. He is torn on what needs to be done. After all one must need love in life."

"You're very wise for your age Luna. It makes me think you are some saint that heaven has bestowed upon us." Linda smiled.

I giggled. "There is a saying. One must grow up without growing old."

"Why don't we close the shop early today. I have some things at home that need to be done."

I nodded closing the shop saying goodbye to Linda heading on home. I wonder what the book club is really about. Also, this Sabrina girl seems to have something in mind. I may not look it but I understanding one's motives is something I'm truly best at. Let's just hope it's something that I can handle.

Making it home safe and sound I took a nice warm shower that always I feel so good and clean. Stepping out I put on my cozy pajamas then wrapped my hair in a bun. The sun was now setting so I started to make dinner. I love making mash potatoes with chicken. I placed a movie enjoying my dinner. Times like this I did feel very lonely. Most of my friends are in another state having the best of time. I even heard news of my friend Blair owning her coffee shop in New York. I'm so happy for her. Back in college, she would always talk about having her shop saying she will make it big. I miss her. I'll have to go visit her soon. It makes me wonder if her mom is still pestering her to find a man. From my understanding, she does have someone she likes but won't let it out. Checking my phone, it's now past 10. Time for me to hit the hay. Cleaning up my dish I turned off the TV heading up to my room.

I jumped into bed feeling tired. My room was the color of lilac but my rug was that of a plum kind of color that fits the room well. Lilac has always been my favorite flower since I was a kid. It was also my mother's too. This color suited me so well. Not many costumers like the flower the top-selling flower is always the rose. The rose may be beautiful as the symbol of love and passion, but one must not forget that the lilac is the meaning of one's first love.

Closing my eyes, I fell into a peaceful sleep even if it was just in the afternoon. The excitement in my stomach was telling me that Friday needs to hurry up and come. I'm truly looking forward to seeing Sabrina again.