Chapter 9: Theo's P.O.V.

"Sometimes you don't realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness." -Susan Gale

"True strength is keeping everything together when everyone expects you to fall apart." - Unknown

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength." - Unknown

Something was up... I could just tell that Kendall and his mate are up to something. I don't like how they're both being very secretive with me. Even Austin is in on it too. Just what are the three of them planning on?

"Alpha, about the meeting that's taking place in about two weeks I need to know who will be attending with you besides your Beta."

Not taking my eyes away from my paperwork, I just continued looking over my work. I didn't want to look at Camron who is my messenger. I was just not in the mood to look at his face. Also, because he is shaking in fear.

"Besides my Beta Kendall, I'll be also taking Sabrina my female Beta and Austin my Delta." There was no one else who I thought would be good to come with. Those three I trusted the most.

"Right. I'll let the Alpha king's Beta know." With that he rushed right out of my office I was going to kill him. Even though I can I won't.

"Is this meeting being about how so many rouges have been attacking other packs looking for some kind of stone?" Midnight asked even though he knew the answer to his question.

"I believe so. The one thing we don't know for sure is what kind of artifact it is and why the rouges are after it." It makes me wonder what the Alpha King plans on doing.

Thinking more on what to do I turned my head to look out the window only to notice Kendall talking to Camron with a serious look on his face. What could they be talking about so seriously like that?

"Why don't we order Camron tell us what's going on so we can have the jump on Kendall. We have done so in the past." Midnight said wanting to know what was going on. Me and him both don't like when our pack members hide things from us. I find it very disrespectful.

I headed outside to confront Camron seeing now how he is alone in thought. I could tell it had to be something important.

"Camron, we need to talk." My voice was very stern which snapped him out of thought.

"Y-yes... Alpha." Camron said not looking into my eyes.

"I want to know what you and Kendall have been talking about. You know I don't like secrets kept in my pack."

"Well...you see Alpha um... Kendall wishes for me not to tell anyone even you..."

How dare he not tell me what's going on I am his Alpha! I need to punish him.

"You will tell me what you were talking about or do I have to use my Alpha command on you!"

Seeing the fear in his eyes he swallowed hard. My alpha command is a power only alphas can use. This power allows us to make a person talk and they can't disobey it.

"You see Alpha....what Kendall didn't want you to know is that he's.... planning on wearing his mate's clothes to show off how good he looks at the book club. He's also going to be asking you soon if you will give him a score on how good he will look... I didn't want to say anything because this was hard for me to talk about."

For the first time in my life, I have never been so disgusted in an answer. I don't even know what to think anymore. Let alone I don't think I can look at Kendall the same as I did. Now I wished I never asked. Moreover, I feel sorry for Camron. This must-have hurt to talk about.

"Tell him to drop dead. And if he ever comes to me wearing women's clothes, he will get his ass beaten." That was the only thing I told him before walking off into the woods just to forget about what just happen.

"Kendall sure is something huh?" Midnight chuckled.

"Don't you start with me?" I said.

"Theo."

"What is it Midnight?" The sound of his voice was serious.

"There may be a chance that Arabella and Isabella may be coming to the meeting too."

"That's fine by me. The sooner I get things done with them the better for me and you. I feel nothing for them especially Isabella. That woman can burn in hell for all I care. Even when I first met her, I knew I would dislike her."

"I agree. She is not worthy of baring our pup."

"Hey, Theo! What are you doing here?" Kendall shouted running up to me with that usual creepy smile.

"What do you want Kendall?" I asked even though I might regret it. Shit, I should have just stayed silent and walked away.

"There is a phone call for you back in your office." Well okay then. At least it was nothing crazy.

"I see. I'll be heading back now. Oh, and Kendall."

"What is it, Theo?"

"If I ever see you in any type of women's clothing, I will not hesitate to drop kick you." With that, I rush out back to my office hearing Kendall shouting running after me.

"What the hell did you mean by that Theo!? Get your ass back over here man!"

See if anyone else shouted that to me than they would be dead in a second. It's nice.... been a long time since I and Kendall acted this way. But who knows how long this feeling will last?

"You heard me you damn sissy beta!"

That one comment had triggered Kendall into chasing me with fire in his eyes. If I remember correctly, he did this once back in high school when I spilled milk on his pants during lunch. He chased me all day till the sun went down. Looks like I won't be making that phone call anytime soon with him now on my ass.

"Theo up ahead! His mate!" Midnight pointed out.

Perfect! Running at high speed I jumped over Sabrina. In her distraction, she didn't notice Kendall right behind me as he tackled her down.

"That won't end well for him."

I'll call that the luck of the devil. Since his mate is sure going to give him hell.