Chapter Two

Above is Sophia
^^^
The next day
When I awoke, Alexander was there to wake me up to tell me to get ready and that we had an hour till we went scavenging. When I finished getting ready, we were still waiting for Ryder as usual.  When he finished we decided to go to the middle of the fringe to search around there since we couldn't go past the wall to escape to freedom.  They wouldn't allow it, so instead we have to go scavenging to find food.  But what happens when we run out of food here? We will all starve to death so we decided to try to find the food before the others did.  When we arrived I found a trap door covered in hay in an old rusted metal shack that looked like it was for horses.  When we went down there there was enough food to last all winter so we decided to grab it all in our duffel bags.  When we finished packing it we all decided to open up a can and eat since we haven't eaten in a while.  We decided to open up a can of fruit it felt good to finally have something in my stomach.  Then we came out of the trap door and we noticed it was starting to become dark.  We immediately ran towards our hideout, but I guess they had other plans.  We were almost to the hideout when it became fully dark and that's when I heard footsteps behind me and since I knew it wasn't one of the boys since they were all in front of me.  I sped up and ran as fast as I could but he still caught me.  He grabbed me and hoisted me on his shoulder, and I'll be damned if I won't go down without a fight. So I kicked him in the balls and he dropped me and bared his fangs.  I ran all the way back to the hideout and when I came back I was out of breath.  Lucas immediately asked if I was ok and if he got some of my blood.  Surprisingly I came out without a scratch on me.  They all said that we all have to be more careful next time, especially me since I was a girl.  Apparently blood of the opposite gender tastes way better than that of the same gender and there weren't many female Vampires.  I also forgot to mention that Vampires have mates kinda like werewolves but they don't have a wolf to shift into, they could shift into their Vampire fully by either by becoming mad or just wanting to transform.  When they become their full Vampire they have pail skin, red eyes, and longer fangs.  They also mark sort of like a werewolf but they have to bite from a vein they usually bite from the wrist or neck, and since marking is on the neck they have to push their blood into the other person then lick their bites closed so the blood stays in and they're bonded together for the rest of the humans life.  I just hope that I'm not one of those bloodsucker's mates.  I would rather die then become one of their mates.  Some Vamps just take random girls and mark them, but most just wait till they find their mate.  They can recognize them by the tingles you get when they touch and by the way their blood tastes and they can also smell you.  The Vampires can smell their mate by being near them and they will become very possessive.  Then they breed them having multiple offspring then most turning their mates into a Vampire wether they like it or not, so they would live forever like them and once your a Vampire your immortal so you can no longer produce offspring for girls, for boys they can only get humans pregnant but only the one they mark so that's why all boys have human girl mates so they can make more offspring.  But if a Vampire doesn't find his mate they can become very lonely and very horny so there is also strip clubs for them with human unmated females.   A True mate will be very protective of their mate, there is no such thing as a second chance mate for Vampires so that is why they try to breed them fast to turn them immortal so they can survive longer and it's harder to kill them.  There are only a couple ways to kill a Vampire such as stabbing a wooden stake through their hearts, ripping out their heart, with fire, and cutting off their heads.  But all of those are so hard to do because they have really fast reflexes, healing, and speed.  When I finally got to sleep I was so tired of running from all of the Vampires who prey on them like innocent animals.  The thing I heard in my dream woke me wide awake the next morning.  It was the Vampire King that said " I always get what's mine, and you are mine "

^^^
Enjoy the cliffhanger and I already know that this story sucks so just point out the mistakes so I can fix them.