Chapter Five|| Royal Balls

{Rosemaire's POV}

As the maids zipped up my dress, I took in a deep breath. Today was the day I would show people I was not backing down. I would walk out there with my head high. Because in a few weeks I would be their queen. No one else. They placed the princess' crown on my head to complete the look and I smiled, smoothing my hands over the gold material of my dress.

"Are you ready miss Spur?" a maid asked once the finishing touches were complete

"Yes," I spoke, letting out a breath of air I didn't know I was holding.

I was walked out of the room and down a hall. A few maids trailed behind me, holding my dress up so it wouldn't trail on the floor just yet. More maids smiled at me as they passed and I smiled back politely, even though I felt like I was about to pass out. I can do this.

"Oh look at you!" I heard as we turned a corner and seen my mother and father walking up to us.

"Oh, Chris, look at our little girl." my mom cooed and he chuckled at her.

"I don't think she's our little girl anymore. She's become a beautiful young woman." he clarified and my cheeks warmed.

"Thanks, Dad." he shot me a wink.

"Come on, everyone is waiting for your big arrival."

We walked in a line together and came in front of the huge mahogany doors where we would enter at the top of the stairs for everyone to see. My father gave me a pat on the back as an encouraging gesture.

The doors were opened and it was showtime. A smile graced my face as we walked out and the music and chatter quieted down.

"Thank you all for coming!" Father's voice boomed across the room. "Tonight we celebrate the upcoming transition of power and coronation of my daughter, Rosemarie." people cheered in response and I smiled.

I know those cheers were fake.

When my father looked to me, I knew it was my turn to talk.

"I thank you all for coming as well. This is a very important night for me and I am excited to meet and talk with some of you. I promise I will bring great things to our nation. I hope you enjoy yourself! Let's continue!" I was eager to get the attention off of me as quickly as possible.

Once again, people cheered and clapped. "Great job, sweetie." my mother grinned, side hugging me as we walked down the steps.

"Look at you!" I heard a voice screech and I turned seeing Ivy walk up to me with a huge smirk on her face.

"All these boys are gonna want some of that royal ass!" she added and froze when she heard my father clear his throat.

"Sorry, sir." her cheeks tinted red causing me to snicker.

"Nice to see you again, Ivy. We'll leave you two to it." my mother chuckled, bring my father away from us.

I waited until they were out of sight to look back at Ivy. "Royal ass, huh?"

"I'm just saying!" she rose her hands in defense and I laughed, pulling her into a hug.

"It's been too long."

"I know! I was getting worried you died or something." she teased.

"Where's Amber Joe?"

"She's around here somewhere. Probably swooning all the guys around her."

"Heard that!" A voice piped in and sure enough, Amber Joe emerged from the crowd of people beside us.

She looked like a goddess in her white dress. "You look good, girly!" she squealed.

"Thank you! You look amazing, AJ." she beamed at the compliment.

"Well, thank ya! Fair warning Alessio is crawling around here somewhere," she scoffed. "He already tried getting me alone."

"What scum," I grumbled.

"Tell me about it! Last week I met him to talk about some stuff and he was flirting up a storm, does he know when to stop?" Ivy complained.

"I see you ladies are gossiping as normal." A deep voice spoke up and I turned to see Alpha Emmet, alpha of the Immaculate Pack.

"Hey, Emmet!" I beamed, he was the one male alpha I did like.

He was funny, respectful, and charming all in one.

"You look amazing, Rose." I blushed at the compliment.

We chatted for a few before I was reminded that I actually had to go talk to other people if I wanted to make a good example. I talked to some elders here and there and a few other pack members who came with their alphas. Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I thought people would be snappy or have that judgemental look in their eye, but it was actually the opposite.

I felt a little better now.

I was talking to the beta of the Immaculate Pack when everyone suddenly grew silent. My heart jumped as I looked around nervously. Was something happening? My thoughts went away when my eyes drifted towards the doors where people had been coming and leaving.

Alpha Mathias stood there in a classic suit and a skeptical look on his face...like he regretted stepping into the room. I broke through the crowd until I was suddenly walking towards him like I was immediately drawn to him.

"Mathias?"

"Hey," he mumbled, looking past me at the staring people.

Noticing how he looked uncomfortable, I turned to face everyone. "Hey! This is a ball, no? Get back to it!" I stated with the fakest smile I could muster and slowly everyone turned to go back to their own business.

"You came," I stated, facing him again.

A small smirk crawled onto his face. "All alphas were invited, no?"

I let out a small laugh. "Indeed." we stood there for a moment not knowing what to say.

"Um, would you like me to introduce you to some people? I'm sure they'd love to meet you." I asked.

"You don't gotta lie, love. I actually just came to drop this off." he handed me a velvet box with a bow tied around it.

"Oh, for me?" he nodded and I went to open it but he stopped me.

"Don't open it while I'm here. Just, do it later." he almost looked...shy. 

Like that boy I used to know as a kid.

"O-okay."

"I'll see you later." he went to turn but I caught his arm but gasped as shocked went up my arm and he was quick to pull away.

"I got to go," he mumbled, scurrying off and I looked after him confused.

What the hell?

_____________________________________________________________

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

What are your thoughts?