Chapter Twenty-Six|| Protection

{Rosemarie's POV}

Mathias and I walked side by side as we followed Emerson and Emerald. The two twins chatted back and forth, making small jokes teasing each other. I could tell they were close, but it all just seemed so unreal to me. I thought they'd be...not so nice.

"So, Rosemarie, are you excited to become queen?" Emerald asked, glancing back at me.

"Yeah, I am. I'm a little nervous, but who wouldn't be?"

"If it means anything, I think you're going to be a great queen. I've heard a lot about you." She beamed.

A small smile made its way onto my face as I picked up my pace a little to walk next to her, Emerson walking next to Mathias as they started up a conversation.

"I'm sure you've heard many things that aren't so great, though." I cringed a little at the thought.

She shrugged. "I have but I don't listen to the news or unimportant opinions of those who only wish to bring others down. It's annoying, honestly. Throughout my whole life, I've dealt with people doing the same to me and I learned to overlook it. Dwelling on that stuff doesn't get you anywhere. Plus, I just think about how much better of a person I am than them. I don't bring others down as a game or to make myself feel better. So my advice to you is to look at the facts. You're an amazing person, a powerful being, and someone who cares about her kind. That to me is a person who would make a great queen." she winked. "I mean...statistically speaking only thirty-two percent of our kind hate you...so your odds are higher than you think." she joked and I belched out a laugh.

"That pesky thirty-two percent." I teased and she giggled, looking ahead at the path before us.

"So this spell...what will happen?"

"It's just a protection spell to be brief. I'll take your blood and Mathias' and let it drop into the center grounds of the pack. When we complete the spell, you'll be able to enter and leave and the pack will know you two mean no harm but if any other lycans or non-wolf beings try to enter, they will feel immense pain that could quite literally kill them. I would hate for whoever tries to go against that barrier we put up, it's not one to mess with."

"Oh wow..."

"Will you two be able to enter as well? I mean you are half witch much like myself."

"Think of it like this...Emerson and I will be you two's guardian angels for a few." She grinned. "We'll be able to enter and leave as well since my mother won't be able to help when needed and you need some powerful witches on your side if something goes south."

"That means a lot. You don't have to do that...but you are."

"It may seem odd since Emerson and I stay to ourselves a lot but once my mother asked for our help, we couldn't say no. You're apart of our coven too, you know. You're family and family takes care of each other no matter the circumstances. Plus, we need to start making friends I guess you could say. We really only associate with those in our packs. Mainly because people judge us from the start and it's easier to be around people who already know and accept you than to try and fit in somewhere else."

I suddenly felt bad about my earlier assumptions. In a way, I related to her. I was too scared to branch out and take problems head-on due to the fact I felt people would judge me harshly before I even had a chance.

"And here we are." She spoke, looking around the training fields.

"Alright, you two are gonna need to give us some blood." Emerson mused, walking to the center of the field as we followed closely.

Mathias' claws extended as he used a nail to slice his palm. I watched closely and did the same shortly after.

"Perfect, now let it drop to the ground." We turned our palms, letting the blood slowly drip to the earth's hard surface; the crimson color soaking the grass of the fields.

"Okay, now stand back," Emerald added as she and Emerson kneeled down, placing their palms against the ground and closed their eyes.

We took a wary step backward and Mathias wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me to him.

They started chanted something under their breaths and slowly I felt a rumbling underneath us. I watched amazed as the blood on the ground started to bubble and in a quick flash, the blood turned a golden color, sinking into the ground and like growing vines, it shot in every direction going from the field to the trees beyond our sight then vanished completely.

"Whoa..."

"And we're done!" Emerald smiled, standing to her feet.

I looked to where the golden blood once was seeing it was gone. "That was quick."

"It's an easier spell that holds a lot of power. You should be safe inside the confinements of your pack until we can get a better grasp as to what is happening around us. We're going to get to the bottom of this, I promise. No one hurts our family." Emerson expressed.

Mathias stuck out his hand to Emerson. "I appreciate, man."

Emerson shook his hand with a smirk. "It's an honor to help our uprising king."

Mathias scoffed but held an amused look. "I'm just an alpha much like yourself."

"If he will just accept our father's offer already." Emerald rolled her eyes.

"I told you, I am not accepting the title unless you're an alpha by my side. We're called the Malevolent Twins for a reason." He told her, raising a brow.

"And I told you that I don't want that responsibility. You're perfect for the job, big bro." She shot back.

Emerson shook his head, looking away trying to fight back a smile. "Big bro." he mocked.

"By a few minutes so don't let it get to your head." she chided.

I stared amused by the two. You could see how close they were and I loved that they had such a close relationship. I wish I could be like that with Eligh. We're close...but not like the twins were.

"Now, let's get that wound cleaned up and healed," Emerald spoke, changing the subject.

"Agreed." Mathias nodded. 

___________________________

Opinions on the twins?

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

A new chapter has been uploaded to Radish :)