Chapter Nine|| How is it possible?

{Rosemarie's POV}

I stared at Mathias in shock.

"H-how...what?" I managed to get out.

"You wanted to know," he stated, pushing away from me and walked to his desk, his back to me.

"You knew, but I didn't."

"Because as you know, I can alter how one thinks. The second you walked into my house, I knew you were my mate. When you first laid eyes on me, I immediately altered the thought before you wolf could process it."

"Why the hell would you do that?!"

"Because I don't want a mate." he snarled and I jumped at the sudden burst of anger.

"W-why?"

"Because I'm a lycan. We're different than petty wolves." he snapped and my jaw dropped slightly.

"So you just were never going to tell me?"

"You'd know eventually, I can only alter how you think for so long. Your heat will start if we don't end this," he stated and my heart dropped.

"B-but you're my mate. We can't just-"

"You cannot be with me! It's not physically possible, Rose. You're not half lycan. I could hurt you."

"No, you wouldn't!"

"Your heat could kill you." he quickly stressed and I froze.

"How?"

"A lycan heat is what you will get since I am your mate and a full lycan at that. You may not be one but you'll experience the symptoms like one. Lycan heat is like no other. Your body will literally burn from the inside out since your skin isn't one as tough as lycans."

"Isn't there something you can do?"

"I don't know, Rose. But I'd rather not risk your life. In every step of this mate bond, your life is in danger. When I mark you, it'll be no pleasurable bite like wolves are.  And unless we're mating when it happens, you will feel like you're dying. This isn't supposed to happen. I'm not supposed to be mated to a werewolf. I'm supposed to be mated to a lycan. Even if you were to get past all that...you wouldn't be able to bare my children. Our child would kill you and I know that for a fact. It would be a tribrid... a witch, lycan, and wolf all bundled into one. You would not survive that. No one could."

I looked down with tears in my eyes. "So what...we just reject each other?"

"I see no other option."

"Can we not...look into it or something? You're my only chance at a mate." I stated, looking up at him.

His features softened when he saw my tears. He walked over, his thumb wiping away a stray tear. "Your heat will be in two days with the full moon. We don't have time. Your life is in danger."

"Mathias..."

"I'm sorry, Rose. I wish things could be different."

Lies.

"Can we do it tomorrow then?" I asked softly.

"Do what?"

"Reject one another. I can't take anymore tonight." he nodded, a frustrated look on his face.

"I don't like seeing you like this, please know that." I just nodded.

"There's a room next to mine down the hall. First door on your right. You can sleep there for the night."

"Okay."

After grabbing my things and going to my room for the night, I knew I couldn't give up on this that easily. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I slipped on a pair of shoes and peeked out my door. The light in Mathias' office was still on so I knew he was in there.