Chapter Fifteen|| Introducing Mathias

{Rose's POV}

I stood nervously as Mathias fixed the collar to his suit.

"Are you not nervous?" I asked Mathias who glanced over at me.

"No, I don't fear what people will think about me unlike you." My jaw dropped at the comment.

"That was rude." I hated he was so blunt sometimes.

"Sorry, Rose, but it's true. You have to stop thinking into this so much. If you keep worrying about what people are saying, they will walk all over you. I respect myself too much to let that happen. I know I will do my best as King and you have to think the same way. Sure, it's new and something we aren't used to, but the second you let your guard down and listen to these people, who have no idea what they are talking about, is the second they win."

I sighed, knowing he was right. I just still didn't see how he couldn't be nervous about today. Today was the day we announced to the world that I have found my mate and he will be taking his place beside me as the king...and that king being Mathias; A full lycan.

We were in the throne room, waiting to get into the car that would drive us to the place we would do a live, national broadcast. After, we would drive around waving with a fake smile to even faker people. My father was going all out, as you could see. He wanted everyone to know and like us before our coronation.

Which was highly unlikely.

"Your driver is here, we'll be following you in another car." My mother's voice brought me from my thoughts.

I gave her a smile and nodded, looking down at my dress. "You need to wear your crown. You're still Princess Rosemarie after all." My mother stated as she held it in her hands and I wanted to groan.

I hated that thing. It was too heavy and never wanted to stay in place. She walked over slowly placing it onto my hair that was pinned up in a bun to perfection. She stepped back, giving me a once over, and nodded looking satisfied with my appearance.

"Come on, you two."

Mathias took the lead, walking with his head held high. He looked like a king. I followed behind him timidly. His words from earlier sunk in and I raised my chin, wiping the emotion off my face. I pushed my shoulder back, standing straighter and met his pace as I walked just as confidently beside him. I noticed the side of his mouth turn up into a small smirk.

The second we walked outside, we saw our driver waiting for us with the back limo door open. I got in first after Mathias motioned for me too and slid over to the far window. Mathias took his place beside me and the door closed.

"Act like you just did and you're going to prove the whole world wrong," he spoke, looking to me and I just nodded not meeting his eyes.

"Rose," his hand reached over grabbing mine and laced our fingers together. "Look at me,"

The simple gesture made my heart flutter and my eyes snapped to meet his.

"You can do this, okay? I believe in you, your parents believe in you, just as my parents do, and all the other Alphas. That's all the support you need. Just please don't think too much into this. You're their soon-to-be queen whether they like it or not."

"I know, thank you." He brought my hand up to his lips, placing a soft kiss on it before letting it go, but his hand moved to rest on my thigh.

I bargained with my mother on a simple dress and not some big flashy one. She agreed, but only because she didn't want me even in a worse mood than I am now.

After a short drive, the car came to a stop and seconds later our door was opened. I heard the instant snapping of pictures and I quickly put on a fake smile trying to seem as confident as ever as I stepped out. Camera flashes were coming from every direction and I raised my hand giving a wave that my mother had taught me. People cheered and smiled, but it was just pack members from other packs. Everyone was gathered here today from all over to see what the big news was. Little did they know it was Mathias.

Mathias stepped out behind me, lacing our fingers together as we both waved walking down the path in front of us. This looked so natural for him. It made me mad.

We walked into the arena. It was something new my mother and father started a few years back for national broadcast or just updates from them in general. It was a huge arena with two huge thrones on a stage and people from all over could attend if they liked while the broadcast was going on. Before I knew it, we were standing on either side of a throne and in came my parents. The crowd went crazy. I guess it was an honor to see their king and queen up close and personal.

They took their seats on their throne. I stood to my mother's right and Mathias stood to my father's left. Mathias had no emotion, not even a smile and I was beginning to wonder if he was regretting this or not.

Cameramen were going around getting shots of us as we waved and smiled.

"It's time." my father spoke to us and held up his right hand and the crowd went silent.

"I thank you all for coming to hear about a very important day for us. As you may notice, I have someone new standing beside me. This is Alpha Mathias, you may have heard of him." whispers broke out through the crowd and I glanced seeing Mathias not even flinch or let down his guard for a second.

"The reason we've asked you to come today and decided to do this national broadcast is that Rosemarie has found her mate and if you put two and two together, you now realize that mate is Alpha Mathias." gasps were the only thing that was heard.

I stepped forward in front of my parents as did Mathias like we were instructed to do. He held out his hand to me and I sat mine in his gently. "I know much of you don't know much about me, but I am here today to tell you. I am Alpha Mathias of the war pack and I'm a full Lycan. I don't attend many public events for my own personal reasons, but that all has changed since I met Rosemarie." I smiled up at him.

He was going out of his own comfort zone to make me happy. "And I am happy that I met her, but you probably are all thinking about how this would work, which we will discuss later on, but the main reason is simple..." The speech my father helped him create was memorized perfectly.

The camera zoomed in on us to where it was just our chest and up. "This will work because I am now a half lycan." I declared and let partial control to Nikobe.

Both our eye colors shifted to a blood red and the place fell silent. I gulped. "I hope you respect our wishes and the things we have done. I have never been happier to know I have a mate and that mate being my childhood friend. That is why I did what I did and accepted the change of a lycan. Mathias is a smart and amazing man and I wouldn't change one thing about him. He will make you proud as a king; my king." I tried to sound confident, but my voice still came out shaky and Mathias gave my hand a comforting squeeze.

Mathias raised our conjoined hands in the air. "Your soon-to-be king and queen." My father announced and the place broke out in cheers as it finally set in with them.

I smiled up at Mathias who, for the first time that day, had a smile on his lips. 

____________________________________________________________________

WOO

I updated on Radish finally so I could publish another chapter on here. I'm just busy with college and a lot of other things so I'm trying my best. 

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE