Chapter Thirty-One|| The Plan

{Rosemarie's POV}

I looked out the window of Mathias' old room at the War Pack. My mother and father were talking to me, trying to see how I was feeling but I wasn't paying attention. Nikobe has been silent ever since last night and I was terrified.

I wasn't allowed to see Mathias today until after the fight, and that's if I make it out of the battle arena. I wish I could see him, he was the one who always calmed me down and told me what to do. Without him, I felt weak and useless. But due to the challenge rules, since Mathias was pretty much the prize, I couldn't see him.

"Rose, are you listening?! You leave in an hour to fight and I'm trying to tell you what you need to do. Mathias told me to tell you this." My head snapped in my father's direction.

"You spoke to Mathias?"

"Yes, he told me to tell you to let Nikobe take over completely and to let her channel your magic. Since he hasn't marked you, you won't be able to possess his abilities as he wished for you to. You're depending solely on your magic and Nikobe, but he believes it is enough to take Natasha down. He said go for her heart. Whenever you get an opening, it is the easiest way to kill a lycan. Nikobe will use your magic and her strength to muster up enough power to rip her heart out. It is the only way, do you understand? She's too strong to take down any other way." My father stressed.

'Nikobe, are you listening to this?'

'Yes, but it is pointless. She's a full lycan with crazy abilities just like Mathias. She could use your magic against you, so it's not safe to use since we don't know what she is capable of. It's time for you to hear my plan, kiddo. You're not going to like it, but it is the only way for us to strike fear into her and have the upper hand.'

'I'm listening.'

'Good, now leave your parents and I want you to head outside. We have a big task on our hands for the next hour.'

{Mathias's POV}

"Mathias, calm down!" My father yelled and I snarled, punching a hole in the wall next to me.

"I can't I want to rip that woman apart. How dare she go after my mate! I can't even do anything about it because of the damn ancestor rules of challenging! This is ridiculous! I am the alpha of lycans! I should be able to do whatever I please!"

"Mathias if you break challenge rules, you won't be a lycan anymore. You'll be human. It strips you of everything and you know that."

"I don't care...I can't let her take Rose from me."

"How about you have some more faith in your mate and Nikobe, Mathias."

"It's not that easy!"

"Yes, it is. You pray to Goddess to give the two of them the strength and courage to fight and you leave it up to the Goddess and them," he explained and I slumped in defeat.

"How are you not worried, dad?"

"I know how you feel, Mathias, trust me. You just have to have faith in them. It's the only thing you can do at the moment."

A knock on the door happened and Christian walked in with a morose look. "It's time, Natasha just arrived and is making her way to the field. Nikobe and Rose took off a little while ago to practice some more before the fight, so I'm sure she's already there."

I let out a deep breath of air and nodded. "We're coming."

Goddess, please don't let that woman take Rose from me. I'm begging you.

It was like slow motion in a movie as we made our way to the arena where they will fight. The arena that only one person walks alive from and that many prisoners are ripped apart in.

I walked into the area, taking my seat in the alpha's chair as the others sat behind me. The area was filled with people and it was being broadcasted nationally. I gulped, gripping the arms of the seat I was in.

When all the torches lit up, I knew it was time. One gate slowly opened and slowly out walked Natasha. I heard the link of a chain and my eyes widened as I realized what it was. The lycan chain of sin.

The chain that was engraved with symbols that caused horrible pain to the lycans it was used against. Many didn't stand a chance against someone who held such a powerful weapon.

I went to stand up when my father grabbed my shoulder's from behind slamming me back in my chair. "It's a no-rules fight, Mathias, she is allowed to use whatever," I growled, shaking with anger.

Slowly the gate where Rose would emerge from rose, but it was empty. She wasn't there.

What the hell.

"No...she wouldn't run," I stated, looking around nervously.

"Would you look at that!" Natasha yelled. "You're so-called princess didn't show as I expected! If she isn't here by the end of the third bell ring, we all know what that means! I win..." she grinned.

The first bell rung and my heart was beating so fast I felt as if I'd lose my mind at any moment.

Natasha shifted into her Lycan form, letting out a roar. A roar that was calling a victory. The second bell rung and her Lycan pack started howling. People started whispering nervously and I looked to see Queen Scarlett crying as she leaned into Christian.

It was seconds away from the third bell ringing when alarms rang and my heart nearly stopped as I knew exactly what those alarms were for. I craned my neck to a specific gate. A gate that was huge and held something no one stood a chance against.

Slowly the gate started rising and the third bell still hadn't rung, signaling Natasha didn't win. The gate was fully open and it showed the dark pit, where dark fog emerged from. Slowly, orange eyes glowed then three more pairs followed, glowing brightly, and soon, a pair of red eyes glowed behind them. A huge paw stepped out, smashing into the ground beneath it. Natasha staggered backward in shock.

I heard chain links knocking together and out walked all four of my hellhounds. Nikobe and Rose appeared in Lycan form holding four chains that all were to the collars around the hounds' necks.

Shock coursed through me and I looked back at my father who was grinning at me. "Looks like you're not their only alpha." he mused.

I turned back looking at the scene in front of me and suddenly Nikobe let out such a loud roar, it made the hellhounds roar with her, shaking the whole arena around us.

It was game time.

___________________________

NIKOBE IS ONE SMART GIRL

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE

What do you think will happen next?!