Chapter Seventeen|| Curse of the Moon

{Rose's POV}

I sighed, getting ready for bed. I was tired, worn out, and exhausted. That reporter today was on my mind since she left. She admires me? Why? Was she just saying that to get on my good side? Because it worked. I was eagerly waiting for her report to be broadcasted for all to see. I was both worried and excited. If she turns what we said into something bad, we'll never be king and queen in our people's eyes. If she turns it into something good, well, it may be a breakthrough for us.

My phone buzzed and I walked over grabbing it off my nightstand.

'Goodnight, Rose, sleep well.' I read and smiled at Mathias' text.

'You too:)' I replied and sat on my bed staring at my phone.

It dinged, alerting another message, and I was quick to click his name.

'You looked beautiful today.' I giggled, relaxing on my bed as I went to reply.

We did this every night it felt like. He texted me goodnight but we wouldn't stop texting for hours, even though his room was right down the hall.

'You looked very handsome as well, your majesty.' I teased.

'Has a ring to it ;)'

I laughed at the text. Maybe he was starting to settle into this role better.

I stopped texting back when I felt the room suddenly get hot. My eyes widened in shock and I sat there confused for a minute until it hit me. I jumped up from my bed and looked out my bedroom window. The moon was high in the sky and it was completely full.

I grabbed my phone again to text Mathias but before I could even hit send, my bedroom door opened and the devil himself walked through, shutting it behind him. He was in nothing but a pair of joggers.

But it was no time to gawk over his toned chest.

"My-"

"Heat is starting. Yes. I know...I could smell it all the way down the hall." he mumbled looking around and pointed to a door in my room.

"Does that door lead to your bathroom?" I nodded and he walked towards it and went in.

I heard the water running in my bathtub and he walked back out looking in thought.

My heart was racing as I glanced back at the moon. I can't believe we let this slip our minds.

"This isn't how I wanted this to go. I was planning for our lycan forms to meet and for me to mark your lycan in order for this to go more smoothly," He sighed. "But it slipped my mind with all that has been going on."

"Mine too."

He motioned for me to come to him and I did so. He reached out, placing the back on his hand on my forehead. "You're not too hot yet but if you get in the cold water I ran now, then it should help calm the first wave of heat." I nodded, walking towards the bathroom.

When he followed me in I halted, giving him a curious look. "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean? I'm getting in with you."

"Uh...why."

"Did your mother not explain heat to you, Rose?"

"Yes, but I think I can manage to sit in the tub by myself thank you very-" I let out a screech as a sharp pain hit me and my eyes closed, holding my side. Mathias placed his hand on the small of my back and the pain instantly dulled.

"Would you like to say that again?" he mused.

"Okay let's get in." he chuckled at my response.