Chapter Thirty-Two|| Behind the scenes

{Rosemarie's POV} *AN HOUR BEFORE THE BATTLE*

I walked outside with my heart beating ferociously. I lied telling my parents I was heading out to train more before the fight.

'What now?' I asked Nikobe.

'Now I want you to go to the arena where the battles take place.'

'What? Why?!'

'Trust me, Rose.'

I sighed, following the sidewalk down through the pack towards the battlefield. When I reached it, I gulped realizing soon I'll be inside that arena.

'Now, go around the side, see if you can find a back door.'

'Are you trying to make me cheat or something?' Nikobe chuckled at my comment.

'I'm trying to make you win.' She replied as I walked around the side of the huge place.

I saw a back door and looked around not seeing anyone and advanced towards it. I placed my hand on the handle, pulling on it but it wouldn't budge.

'It's locked.'

'I see that. Channel my strength and break it open.'

'What if alarms go off or something?'

'Then you'll explain that Mathias was supposed to leave it unlocked for you. You're pretty much their leader and they'll listen to you if you get caught.'

Good point.

I gripped the door tightly, channeling Nikobe and felt her power surge through me and I growled, ripping the door open. Looking around, no one was in there. I walked in, shutting the door back and had to use my wolf's vision to see because it was so dark.

'Now...what do you know about hellhounds?' She asked and I froze.

'Nikobe...no. I can't go near them, they'll rip us apart. We aren't their alpha. They only listen to Mathias.'

'Oh, they'll listen to us. You're Mathias' other half. You have to show dominance. Plus, I have an offer they can't refuse.'

'What do you mean? They're purely animals.'

'Kiddo, you have a lot to learn. Did you know that there are only four hellhounds in existence? And they are all right here in this pack. Those hellhounds used to be werewolves but were cursed by a witch to drag lycan souls to hell. The witch's family was killed by a lycan that lost control and she sought out revenge. Though the first alpha that was a half lycan showed them just who their alpha truly was and that wasn't some witch. Ever since then, they've been passed down through the alphas of war. Now they are used to drag any unworthy souls to hell to somewhat reduce the evil in the world.' Nikobe explained and I sat there in shock.

'They used to be wolves? That's so sad...their whole life was taken away from them.'

'And that's where you come in. You can turn them back, Rose.'

'No way...'

'You can. Many alphas tried to do so but failed because, just like in any spells, no one knew the loophole until many years later. When they did, they knew it was impossible to turn them back. If we can communicate with them and tell them if they help us take this woman down, then we can turn them back. They won't be werewolves anymore they will still be hellhounds but they will still be able to shift back and forth and have a normal life again.'

'Then how can I if everyone else failed in doing so?'

'The loophole is that it has to be a witch that is also a half lycan. You just happen to be a tribrid. A wolf, a lycan, and a witch. You are their ultimate alpha, Rose. When the witch created the curse, she never thought there would ever be a witch that was a lycan because one...it was never heard of, and two...she created them to hate lycans and it turned to be the opposite.'