Chapter Ten|| Change Me

{Rosemarie's POV}

"I was just-"

"Snooping when you shouldn't be?!" he growled out, walking over and snatched up his father's journal.

"Did you read this?!"

"I only read a page or two I just-"

"You had no right!"

"I know but I was-"

"This is not your home, Rose! First, you march in like you own the damn place, demanding to see me. Then you're up in my office yelling at me and now you're snooping in things that don't concern you?!"

"Would you let me speak?!" I yelled and he gritted his jaw.

"I was looking in the books to see if there was maybe a way for us since you just shot down any other possibilities that might have worked." I clarified and he rolled his eyes.

"Rose don't you think I would have figured something out by now?! The first night I found out, I was doing the same thing you were. I probably went through all of those damn books countless times!"

"Then you know about this," I growled out, thrusting the book I was holding into his hands.

He looked down at the page and his eyes widened. "No." he stated, slamming the book shut.

"You can change me, Mathias!"

"No! I'm not putting you through that. Most wolves don't even survive the bite. Not to mention lycans are pretty much despised, Rose. You're going to be Queen! You cannot be a lycan."

"I'll do whatever the hell I want."

"No...I'm not doing it. End of discussion. Go to your room."

"I'm not five! And I'm not letting this go!"

"Don't you see?!" He yelled, causing me to flinch.

"We aren't compatible! Do I need to spell it out for you?! I'm not putting your life in danger! You're being delusional. Why can't you just accept this and move on?!"

"Because you're my mate! The Moon Goddess paired us together for a reason, don't you see?! Why aren't you even wanting to try? Am I not good enough?"

"Don't degrade yourself like that," he stated almost like he was disgusted by the mere thought.

"Mathias..."

"Please, Rose. Just let it be. We have to cut ties before you find yourself dying."

"I won't accept it," I mumbled and his eyes snapped to mine.

"What?"

"You heard me. You can reject me, but I will not accept the rejection and I will still experience heat. It will just be a mateless one."

"Don't be crazy. You're acting mad."

"I don't care. Maybe doing that will show you how I'm not letting this go."

"I already see you're not letting this go! Trying to kill yourself doesn't change that."

I just ignored him, brushing past him.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"To bed. I'm quite exhausted."

"Rose, please." he pleaded. "Don't do this. I'm begging you. I'll get on my hands and knees if I have to."

I stopped walking and glanced back at him. "Goodnight."

I was acting mad, I get it, but I wanted to try it. I come from a strong bloodline. My mother is one of the most powerful witches there is beside Alara. I knew we could get through this, Mathias just needs to see that. He's the one that pretty much told me not to be a coward. I'm not backing down now.