Chapter Forty-Seven|| Drunkeness

{Rosemarie's POV}

"And that's why Ryker Pavesi can kiss my a—" Lachlan's hand was quick to reach across the table and cover Dante's mouth.

"Dante, that's my best friend's brother!" She scorned, with a warning glare.

Dante rolled his eyes, tipping back the rest of his whiskey. "I don't give a damn. That man ruined my life."

"No, he didn't—your vampires that got out of control did." She snapped and he sighed, slouching in his chair.

"I suppose you're not completely wrong."

"No, I'm not." She huffed, relaxing back into her chair.

I tried not to laugh at the two. I knew how infuriating Ryker could be at times, but I did agree with Lachlan when it came to who was wrong. I glanced over at Mathias who seemed to be enjoying his whiskey a little too much.

"Well, it's getting late. Thank you two for inviting us out for dinner and drinks, it was nice." I smiled, starting to stand from my chair.

"Of course, don't hesitate to come to visit again. Enjoy your stay." Lachlan smiled.

Mathias noted my goodbye and drunkenly stood from his chair.

Lovely.

I wrapped an arm around his waist as he threw his arm over my shoulder. "Just walk normally." I yell-whispered and heard his soft chuckle.

"Do you think I'm drunk, love?" He mocked as we started to walk away from the table.

"Looking at the empty beer bottles and glasses on the table from your whiskey, I'd think yes," I grumbled.

"It takes a lot for a werewolf to get drunk, Rose."

"Yet here I am helping you walk."

He let out a burp and shrugged. "Those tequila shots with Dante probably weren't the best idea."

"You think?" I snickered.

Our driver was waiting for us outside the restaurant and I curiously looked around hoping no one would see the Queen of the wolves helping her King into the car.

Once we were settled, I couldn't help but look over at Mathias whose head rested against the car's window.

"Why did you let yourself get so drunk?"

"Well, I started to take shots with Dante to be kind since he offered. Then he just got annoying and I found myself downing whiskey and beers. How I got here... I couldn't tell you."

I raised a brow. "I think you just did." I teased.

"Hm, did I? I can't remember." I giggled at his response, shaking my head.

I couldn't be mad at him. This was the first time I have ever seen him let loose like this— not a care in the world.

"Rose?"

"Yes, Mathias?"

"I'm so glad I married you. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"Likewise, Mathias." I leaned over, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"I'm serious. I can't wait to start a family with you."

I looked away from his heated stare, my cheeks flushed. "I can't wait either."

"Goddess I'm drunk!" He groaned, rubbing his face.

"Yes you are, King Mathias, and we are at our hotel." I winked, getting out of the car after my door was opened.