Chapter 11

Roman's P.O.V
I stood there, with nothing to say, how could Virgil be engaged to Deceit?!...No! He was probably forced into the marriage, Virgil would never do anything like this. I ran off to go see if I can find Virgil. I looked around, until a lady dressed as a queen walked up to me."Uhm, sorry my lady! I'm busy at the moment,"I told her, but she grabbed my hand and pulled me to the side, she made sure no one saw us."Look, I need your help Prince Roman," she said."Only for a bit, what do you need?""My name is Ada, I'm a guard on the rival kingdom ," I looked at her in shock, putting my hand on my sword."N..no! I'm not here to hurt anyone! I'm Virgil's personal guard."I eased up",Then you must know where Virgil is! Right?" I said, excited."Yes, but.""But?" I questioned."If you take him back, my son will be killed!""W...what?!""Please, I will keep you updated on Virgil, I just need to get my son and husband out of that kingdom!" Ada was on the virge of tears."Okay, okay, I will wait, but answer me this one question." She looked at me in confusion."Did Virgil really agree in a marriage with Deceit?""What?! Of course he didn't, he loves you to much, their just pretending to be engaged for their act." I nodded at her, she returned to the ball to look for Remy. I stayed for a second before walking out to sit on my throne.

While sitting, a few princesses and prince walked up to me, having a marriage or date proposal, I said no the each one, all I wanted was Virgil.

Virgil's P.O.V
I walked around with Deceit, I felt strange and weird pretending to be his fiancé. He told me we didn't have to kiss or anything, just hug, but I can tell people started getting suspicious of us. When we were talking to an engaged couple, they asked us if we were really engaged, since me and Deceit have no made any contact other than holding hands. Deceit said of course we were, he cupped my face in his hands and...kissed me?! I was shocked. People around us were in aw. It felt so wrong, but I didn't pull away or I would get in trouble. Deceit stopped kissing me and looked at everyone around us with a smile. I looked over to the thrones and saw Roman staring at us...did he know it was me?! Oh god! Roman was stoned-face, I looked at floor.

Third Person P.O.V
If Virgil's hadn't looked at floor, he would have seen Roman smile softly at him, showing no hard feelings. Roman knew Virgil wouldn't kiss Deceit out of love, it was out of fear. Roman looked around, it was the same thing, people chatting, eating, showing off their engagement rings, falling in love, it has always been like this. Roman took out the necklace and looked at it, smiling to himself to the thought of having Virgil sit by his side, kiss him, sleep next to him every night, he couldn't wait until Virgil was 18 so he can propose and they can get married when Virgil is 19.

((Now looking at the ages, when Virgil and Roman get married(if one of them live to see that day😁) Roman will be 22, oof))
((Also! I forgot to say that Deceit is 17, he's the youngest out of the 4 brothers))