Chapter 22

AN: Omg, I wasn't supposed to take this long to update this book again. I only meant to get a few chapters out on the new version and I did that plus start 4 other books. Reading back on the previous chapters I feel that my writing has gotten much better.

3rd POV

Danielle woke up the next morning with a loud gasp and went to check what time it was when she felt the stiff heavy weight on her legs. Immediately her blood turns to ice and dread fills her veins, the stiff weight was in the spot that Smirrah always occupies during the nights.

"Smirrah" Danielle whisper with tears already rushing down her pale cheeks. She gently kick her legs to see if the weight would shift like it usually did but when it didn't she pushed herself into a seating position. She look down on the motionless body of Smirrah and loud wails of sorrow pushes themselves out of her throat and before she know it, Joker rushes into the room like it was on fire.

"What is it?" He ask out of breath and froze slightly when he saw the state she was in. "Oh baby, let Daddy comfort you"

He crawled into bed with her and she threw herself on him and sobbed loudly with her eyes still fixed on the dead dog laying on her legs. "She died" She sob out and hiccups. "She died in her sleep, that's good. She felt no pain, that's how it's supposed to be. Oh my god, Smirrah is dead" She mumble out and then burst out in hysterical cries.

"I know, baby, I know" Joker tries to soothe her but knows that he has no experience comforting women. He had never comforted a woman before, but he found that he didn't mind comforting her. Much.

"Can we bury her?" Danielle ask when she's calmed down slightly. "I want to have a funeral for her"

"Of course, anything for you"

"Here lies Smirrah, beloved dog and friend. May you find rest in doggy heaven, I'll see you soon" Danielle dries her tears off of her cheeks and places the roses on the newly dug grave. "I love you" She speak and she can almost feel and hear her heartbreaking.

"Let's go inside, hm?" Joker ask with a lilt in his voice. "I'm sure he's concerned about you"

"yes, let's" Danielle shakily reply and pushes herself on her feet again. "I'll see you soon, Smirrah"