Hisoka And His Phsychotic Tendancies

After sending the pin man a glare, I walk over to Satotz and start to think.

'I don't think I could defeat him. His disguise is there for a reason, but in terms of abilities and backstory I know nothing. I'm guessing the pins could be used as a weapon, considering they would have to be very sharp. Could he use them like darts?'

I snap back into reality as Satotz begins speaking.

"The Numere Wetlands, also known as Swindlers Swamp. We must cross these wetlands to reach Phase Two of the exam. This place is home to many bizarre animals. Many of them being cunning, insatiable creatures who deceive humans and prey upon them." Satotz pauses before issuing a final warning.

"Be very careful," he looks around at each applicant and continues, "If you let them fool you, you're dead." The heavy door closes, leaving the applicants tense and on high alert.

Satotz goes on talking, and losing interest I notice that something is coming around the corner of the tunnel. I shift my body slightly, trying to get a good look. Suddenly whatever it is hides and I hear a shout from the opposite side.

"Don't let them fool you!" The mysterious figure shouts, catching the attention of every applicant there.

The figure emerges and goes on about how Satotz is actually this weird monkey creature.

I poke Satotz and smile at him.

"Do you think I could go ahead of you guys once again?" I murmur, completely ignoring the distrustful murmurs and glances that are being thrown at the examiner.

His eyes quickly flash with something that I swear could be worry before he replies with a simple nod. I thank him, quickly giving him a small hug. He seems shocked at the physical contact but recovers quickly.

I also look up at him and lightly touch his face, where his mouth would be.

"Woah, how do you even speak?"

Suddenly three cards are thrown at Satotz and I grab the one that was closest to me, leaving the last two for Satotz to handle. I inspect the card, the Queen of Diamonds.

I smile down at the card, and look up, tucking the card into my messenger bag's pocket. Guess that's the magician's weapon of choice.

By now, Hisoka has finished saying whatever he needed to say to confirm Satotz as the examiner. He looks at me and sends a wink my direction, licking his lips while he does.

I simply giggle and send him a wink in return. He smirks and we redirect our attention to the now annoyed Satotz.

'Gotta be careful, Gerica might not like it if I flirt.'

"I shall take that as a compliment," Satotz looks at Hisoka in annoyance, "However, should you attack me again, for any reason, I will report you for turning on an examiner. And you will be immediately disqualified. Are we clear?"

Chuckling, Hisoka simply replies with a "Sure."

I poke Satotz and he looks down. I glance to the side and back to him.

He seems to understand and nods his head.

'While I enjoy walking around barefoot, most of these barbarians don't know how to watch out for my poor toes.'

I skip away to the sound of running water, which is awhile away from where the other applicants are.

I dip my toe into it and immediately yank my foot away.

'Thats really, really, really colddddd.'

I pout and quickly step into the freezing water. I tense and wait until I get used to the water's frozen temperature.