Tea Time And A Proposal

I awake in a comfortable bed and lightly yawn, trying to remember how I got here.

'So I passed out in front of the most dangerous family of assassins in the world. How exactly am I still alive.'

I hear a knock on the door and I let out a small "Come in!"

Zeno walks in and is followed by Silva and Illumi.

"Good morning dear, how was the sleep?" Zeno says while giving me his signature funny man grin.

I smile back and laugh.

"The most enjoyable one I've had in awhile. Probably thanks to this bed!" I flop down onto the pillow to emphasize my point, "How long was I out?"

"Not long, I'm actually quite surprised. You passed out yesterday and it's currently February 14th, 11 AM. How do you feel."

"I feel pretty good, so I was out for 20 hours? That's not good, could I have my bag?"

"It's right beside your bed."

I reach over and grab my phone, instantly flipping I open.

'20 missed calls from Pawā'

"Oh no."

I instantly call him, completely ignoring the people in the room with me.

I make sure to hold the phone away from my ear.

"KUMARI ARE YOU OKAY? HAVE THEY DONE ANYTHING TO YOU? IM JUST ABOUT TO HEAD OUT AND RESCUE YOU RIGHT NOW IF YOU NEED ME TO. DID THEY HURT YOU? ARE YOU OKAY?" I hear Pawā shout.

I'm pretty sure everyone in the room heard.

"I'm fine, they haven't. Please don't. I passed out after I healed grandpa of an injury I caused," I say after I bring the phone to my ear, "Yes I'm okay, I promise," I say and I tiredly smile.

"You managed to land a hit on that old man?"

I glance at Zeno and sigh, "Yes, I landed a pretty bad kick to his side. Sorry."

"Don't apologize! Well done! Though I'm slightly confused as to why you would hurt him."

"We were sparing. He wanted to see just how much I had grown since I last saw him."

"Ah, strength test. Well I'm glad you're okay."

"Thank you, I have to go now but I love you, I'll see you sooner or later. Stay safe."

"Okay, you too. If you need me I'm one call away."

I end the phone call and sigh.

'If I had awoken any later he would have stormed the place.'

"Sometimes family can be tough to handle. Especially when I set things up so if I don't get into contact within a certain amount of hours there are directions that I'm either dead, kidnapped, or in general need of help," I quietly mumble into my hands, "I really need to work on keeping my energy levels in mind."

I sigh once again and turn to look at the family before me.

"I apologize for my rudeness. I'm afraid it was slightly urgent."

"That's okay dear. I'm afraid we never did drink that tea that was promised. Would you like to have some now?"

"Oh yes! I would be delighted to!" I say as I clap my hands.

A servant comes into the room and sets a tray with 4 tea cups down and a kettle.

The rest of the family settles around the room and Zeno sits at the chair beside my bed.