Family And Training

I wake up bright and early.

And freak out.

'OH NO DID I LOse cont-'

Then I remember where I am and that for once in my life, I can let go.

I sit up and stretch, feeling as if my shoulders have been relieved of a huge stress.

Which I guess they had.

'What a curse that has been placed on me.'

I stepped out of my room and head downstairs.

'Something seems off.'

I walk into the kitchen and start to fix myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Then it hits me.

'Toto almost always crawls into my bed when he gets home. He wasn't there.'

I quickly run to my room, and I see that balcony door still open.

'He could have come in. Oh no.'

I run all over the house and then I run outside all over the area surrounding my house.

"Toto? TOTO? TOTOOOOO?"

I feel tears begin to prick my eyes.

I frantically whistle, but he doesn't show.

"Toto? Oh no. Toto. What happened?" I start to cry, dropping down onto the dirt floor.

My heart races.

My breathing slows and I struggle to remember how to do such a essential process of living.

My head.

Fills.

'Toto. Toto. It's my fault. I should have gone with him. It's my fault. He probably got injured and is in pain. No. Oh no. Nonononononono.'

Before I can go further into my misery I hear a small familiar meow.

My eyes instantly jump to Toto who is followed by very large versions of Toto.

"Oh my gosh."

I stare at the very large Toto's is complete wonder, my tears slowing.

'So Toto is a baby compared to them. Oh My GOSH that means that he's a BABY CHILD.'

I slowly rise to my feet, furiously wipe my eyes, and slowly walk towards Toto, watching the movements of his family.

The largest one lets out a low growl and Toto lets out a low growl in response which sounds like a squeak in comparison.

I slowly approach again, holding my hand out for the largest to sniff or bite off.

They slowly bend down and sniff my hand. Toto stands on guard and then I hear, or rather feel, a purr from the largest as it nudges Toto.

'I got approved?'

Toto bounds forward and tackles me to the ground, his wet nose kissing my face and cheeks.

"Haha haha Toto stahp your ticklin me dbzjxnsnxhdjxn stahhhppppp" I say, gently pushing the baby away.

Then a sad thought strikes me and I stop struggling. Toto instantly notices and sits down on top of me, probably trying to protect me from my emotions.

"You're going to be with your family now aren't you. I'm so glad you found them! Will you visit me?"

He simply licks my face and rests his forehead against mine and slowly blinks.

Tears roll down my cheeks yet again but I'm happy for him.

"You should be with your family. Thank you for the wonderful years of friendship. And thank you for protecting me all those times." I say as I gently cup his face and do one last husky kiss, at least for now.