Hello!

Hi, it's the author here.

I know some probably won't read this but I'm putting it here anyway for the few that might.

Recently I've been reflecting on stuff and the young minds of a lot of teenagers and people on this app. As a teenager myself, I know how fun it is to throw yourself into these worlds and interact with the characters and all that.

But recently I have learned that our brains do not set the sometimes necessary boundaries between reality and fiction. That is why it is so easy for people to fall in love with characters, and cry when they die.

But this can also be dangerous.

With dealing with fictional worlds it's important for you to realize while people like Hisoka, Chrollo, or Illumi are incredibly hot and have very interesting personalities, but in our world and society the actions they do are incredibly wrong, especially in the case of the local pedophile Hisoka.

It's important to remember this, and understand why their actions aren't okay.

It's very hard to admit this, and I am only admitting this for myself, but being a teenager who finds an object of interest who I find appealing and seeing that there is fiction that allows me to interact with them made me incredibly happy. But recently I've realized that this might have been a coping mechanism of sorts to help me get through the loneliness and my other issues.

Because of the fact that I went to this as a sort of distraction from the world, I've also seen a lot of the fanfic variety, ranging from innocent fluff and cute dates, to incredibly kinky and sometimes abusive things.

And I'm ashamed to say that I've read so many that have relationships that are subtly abusive or manipulative that it might not be immediately obvious. I know people that use these fanfics to help with their trauma with abuse, but remember to be safe, and not all things are as great as fanfiction makes it seem.

Please stay safe, understand murders and pedophiles are dangerous in real life, and understand and remind yourself that even if they're hot in real life or fiction, it does not dismiss the actions they do.

I know it sounds stupid and like common sense, but often I can see people using the fact that someone is hot in an anime or movie to justify them liking them, ignoring the actions of that person. And sometimes I fear that those people will get into abshire or manipulative relationships in the future.

Thank you for your time, please stay safe and I love you!

P.S.

I'm talking about the sexually explicit fanfics which feature people that are under the age of 18 with people above that age. I'm also taking about fanfics that delve into rape and other things such as abusive tactics and romanticizing these along with depression, anxiety, self harming, eating disorders, or other things. This also includes things such as teacher fetishes (if it includes a minor, though it's still pretty bad even if it's two adults because there is a power dynamic) and other things!

I'm not shaming anyone for anything they are into if they are the victims, I'm just trying to remind people that the mind is a complicated and confusing thing, and to stay safe.