Chapter 4.

For the first time in the long while, Nandini's mother Neelam was very pleased by her daughter. Seeing the chores of household done before even mentioning had made Neelam quite happy with Nandini.

"Have some more parathas, Nandu. I have noticed you are not really eating well now a days." Nandini's eyebrow stretched up in amusement when her mother mentioned her notice and served without even asking.

Sadhna smiled and patted Nandini's shoulder when she found Nandini on the phase of agape on the change of attitude of her mother.

"Okk peoples, I'm done and off to the restaurant. Nandu, you want ride?? " Aloke offered after finishing his breakfast. Nandini shook her head quickly "yeah bhai. Just a minute." hurriedly, she rolled the paratha into a frankie and quickly taking blessings from her grandfather, her mother and hugging Sadhna, she sprinted off to her room to get her stuffs.

She first went to her nephew who was in the crib sleeping peacefully. Kissing and adoring him for a moment, she quickly went to her room.

Grabbing everything required for the day she was about to walk out when her eyes caught something sparkling like an object, rather a gift wrapped in a wrapper kept on the desk near her bed.

Amused, she slowly walked upto the desk and looked closely to the thing. But curiosity got the best out of her when she excitedly started pilling off the wrapper just to get revealed with something she was wishing for the entire year from her brother.

A mobile phone.

Excited on the new gadget, she took out the slim figured mobile and glanced around feeling the thrill inside her.

"Bhaiya!!" She rushed down squealing and skipping stairs in the middle.

"Got your gift?" She smiled when Aloke smirked seeing his sister beam out of her spirits and hugged him tight "You are the best, bhai. I really loved it."

"What is it, Nandu? What did he gift?" Omprakash, her dadaji mushed seeing something in her hand.

Showing off the new thing with a large and wide grin she exclaimed "guess what? A new mobile phone, Dadaji."

Dadaji beamed too when she continued showing him her new phone whereas Sadhna chuckled when she tried taking selfie with him sitting all clueless upon what to do.

Neelam was not quite pleased seeing a gadget in Nandini's control.

"What was the need of giving her a phone, Aloke? Didn't we discussed on this thing already?"

Nandini frowned hearing her mother's cold and quite unhappy tone.

Aloke sighed "Amma, come on. She is a grown up and moreover it, she goes to a college and she really needs one in case she gets to any emergency. At least, you don't have to worry anymore upon her getting late at home." Nandini smiled slightly when Aloke passed her an assuring smile.

"I still don't really see much need of this phone..but..let it be. I just don't want her to get distracted since this device is nothing but an addiction." Strictness was quite evident through her mother's tone but Nandini being already so happy upon her new phone quickly bobbed her head with a big grin.

"Now shall we leave or do you want to ditch your classes today, Nandu?" Aloke mocked receiving an eye roll from her knowing the tease behind his remark.

Indeed, Manik was a subject of a tease to her in her house.

Bidding everyone for the last time, Aloke and Nandini finally were off to her college on his motorcycle.