Chapter 39.

Getting her feet away from his hold, she tried getting her sudden involuntary breath in check before she could make her forbidden emotion out in show for him.

And her precipitated reflex of getting herself away took Manik's little beam in cease "What happen? Did I hurt you?"

Very much- She wanted to say, but she couldn't.

Her throat all of a sudden felt parched over his throaty concerned voice but feeling his finger brushing her feet again seemed to bring her back down to whatever she was dealing within herself.

There is no lie he doesn't affect her anymore.
In fact, it seemed she is in all the more distress by his concern and affection he is been showering her since the day he has confessed his feelings to her.

And she cannot go back to the land which doomed her entire universe.

"I'm fine." She mumbled distinctly while recollecting herself on her feet "I'm heading back to home. Sloke must be waiting for me."

Her unforseen aloofness took Manik in weary as he could see her obstructing her emotions from him, but little needless to say, he doesn't need eyes to see that.

If her heart clogs, his heart clogs too with impending pain he is dealing within.

She didn't waited for him to answer as she carried herself out of the crowding Ghat. Albeit, she could sense his distant trail in the close behind of her.

Watching her sauntering and her anklet chiming along made a little fond smile conceal across his lips. As of, even amid walking in the noise of fireworks, all his ear could hear is her anklet chime.

And nothing can sooth his mind amongst the uproar of the firework torturing his eardrums.

He was blessed.
He felt blessed.

Upon reaching the gate of their adjoin abode and seeing Nandini joining now their family in the celebration of firecrackers bursting, Manik stealthily went behind his sister, who was enjoying the sparkler, and wishper queried her "How did you do it?"

Looking over her shoulder with a little furrowed brow, she shook her head "Did what?"

Gesturing out toward Nandini, who was helping Sloke with his favorite flowerpot firecracker, Manik mentioned "You made her wear anklet."

With the said news flash, Meera craned her head in the speed of light only to smile out in awe "Oh my! She is actually wearing that anklet. I didn't knew my plan would work."

"Which plan?" Meera gleamed on her brother's palpalating confusion with a admiration as she shrugged "That's something for me to know."

"But how did you made it happen, Meera?" Manik sounded eager and somehow worried, which cause Meera to smile all the more, but now in assurance "Just know that she is wearing that anklet by her own wish and no one has forced her into anything."

A relief wash over his face, as he sighed visibly in front of his sister, who smiled and caressed his arm to calm him down of his worries.

Manan_Tera Ban Jaunga [COMPLETED✔️]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें